Discovery Journal

Started by Three Roses, January 24, 2019, 05:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanmagic7

very glad for you, 3r, that things are looking up as you feel more grounded.  love and hugs :hug:

owl25

Sounds like great progress, I'm happy for you  :cheer:

Tee

:cheer: :hug: I'm glad your making progress 3R !!! :cheer: :hug:

woodsgnome

Kudos, 3R, for hanging in there and finding a way to let the process work for you. And I'm sure your presence is a huge plus for the others doing the zoom meetings.

Mostly, though, I'd like to add an encouraging  :hug: as you continue the process of discovery in your determined trek back to finding your wonderful essence; grounded better for the next strides.

Hope67

Hi Three Roses,
I also like the word 'kerfuffle' - and I'm glad that the Zoom meetings are working well for you.  I'm sending you a hug  :hug:
Hope  :)

Three Roses

I found an old voice recording from 11/23/2019 that I'd wanted to include here; it is a little late but better late than never.
Today while I was walking my dog, I started thinking about the IFS book that I'm reading. I now know that I have at least three protector manager parts: there is one part that is young but wants to look old - she has glasses and carries a clipboard; she keeps track of data, information of all types and I can tell she's on the verge of tears. She is concerned about accuracy.

There's also a teenager who is really angry and assertive, and she almost looks for confrontation - she's very sexually precocious and she has a really direct gaze - she's fit and trim with long hair; she is strong but lonely (this is kind of how I was when I was about 17).

Then there's a small girl, I'm going to say she's 5 or 6, and she feels responsible for keeping everyone calm and happy so that they're safe to be around - so they don't lose control of their emotions, because people who have strong emotions of any kind are dangerous - they can lash out verbally, physically, sometimes even sexually, and cause great harm to the organism she lives in (which is me, the Self) - and so when I thought of his little girl, I got the sense that she was kind of frantic. I started to tear up, and I asked which part of me was tearing up and it was the little girl. I asked her what she was feeling and she said she's impatient, that she wants to be released from her role, and instead wants her role to be playing and coloring. So I said, "We're working on it, we're working on it," and then I told her, "You're such a good little girl." Then I just felt this flood of emotions! It was just - it was so, so cool. It was SO cool.

I'm very encouraged by the events of this morning - especially with my blood pressure that has been very high recently but today is back in the normal range, after talking to this part.

(realized at 4 am this morning I'd said protector and not manager 😶 so I've changed it)

Snowdrop

That's fascinating. I'm glad you included it here. :hug:

Tee

:hug: that's awesome 3R hugs to the little one too maybe she can play with little sometime. :hug:

Hope67

Hi Three Roses,
I am also glad you included this - when I read what you wrote, I also felt emotional - a flood of emotions at certain things you wrote, and it was like my parts were interacting.
:hug: to you and all your parts.

Not Alone

Thank you for sharing your interactions with your Parts. This hug is for all the Parts.  :grouphug:

sanmagic7

thinking of you, hope you're doing ok.  love and hugs :hug:

Three Roses

Thanks, San. That means a lot to me. I know you're dealing with crapola, too, so the fact that you took the time to say hello means a lot.

I've been attending Zoom meetings for support, for me it's easier than trying to think of words to type. I still come here to read posts though, but I only answer them if I think I have something new to offer.

Have been quilting a lot, too, I've made one for each son, my husband, and myself, and now am working on Christmas presents for my bil and sil.

Hope67

Hi Three Roses,
Your quilting sounds great.  Lovely that you have made them for your family, and for yourself too. 
I think you are so brave to attend a Zoom meeting - I've never managed to do that in my life.  I admire the fact you are doing that.    :hug:

Blueberry

Hi Three Roses,

Your quilting sounds great! Well done for doing so many :applause: :applause: :cheer: I'm really happy attending Zoom meetings is helping you.  :hug:  :grouphug:

Sceal

Quilting sounds quite nice,   Three Roses. And it is such an amazing gift! I hope they will value the hard work that you've put into each blanket. My mother quilts a lot too, so I've seen how much time and care goes into one blanket or table runner, or pillow. And they are so warm and cosy!

Glad that you're finding support on zoom meetings too!