Discovery Journal

Started by Three Roses, January 24, 2019, 05:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdog

Yes, I saw it today also but on someone's Twitter feed (I'm not on FB).  Excellent!!

Three Roses

Today is the two-week mark of halving my antidepressant, and I am now officially off of them. I do notice differences.

Pros: more energy, I am noticeably more present, fewer hot flashes. My headache is much better - I usually have a chronic headache but it feels very light today.

Cons (?): It's hard to know if any of the things I am feeling have to do with the cessation of an antidepressant. But I feel a little jittery, kind of angry, but I had a very difficult time the day before yesterday, was helping some neighbors and they got bad news while I was with them, and the husband totally freaked out. I had an EF because of that, and I think this feeling I have today is still the fallout from that.

Blueberry

Quote from: Three Roses on June 07, 2019, 10:35:34 PM
Cons (?): It's hard to know if any of the things I am feeling have to do with the cessation of an antidepressant.

I have a lot of trouble working that kind of thing out too.

Gentle :hug: :hug: for all the stress you endured due to neighbour's freak-out, not that hugs help with anger ime but I can't relieve you of the anger.

Three Roses

Thanks for the :hug:!

The neighbors came by and apologized for the way the other day went - I said I understood - and all is well. I rested and did some reading and self care, actually nurtured myself during the EF. Progress!

My hot flashes are definitely diminished since coming off my antidepressant, and my headaches have diminished in strength and duration. My muscle tension has also diminished. Feeling good, fingers crossed! 🤞

Not Alone

Good that the neighbors apologized. Fantastic that you were able to nurture yourself during an EF. That is a big accomplishment.  :applause: Also glad your physical symptoms are diminishing. I hope that each day you feel even better. :hug:

Deep Blue

Hey 3R,
I just wanted to send you a little love. I'm so impressed by your ability so see progress and and nurture yourself during an EF.  You are awesome  :hug:

Three Roses

Thanks, you're awesome-er, DB!  :hug:

Jdog

Three Roses

Three Roses

Note to self - re antidepressant cessation

Lots of energy today. Too much/Manic? Idk. Got a lot of housework done though.

Finding my voice again - feels like I've been very quiet for a long time.

Feelings of happiness and thankfulness that I haven't felt in a while, too.

Blueberry

SharpAndBlunt

:thumbup: :) :thumbup:

Great news, Three Roses!

Three Roses

Ok - more observations - memory is a little worse - but my interest and attention span have improved to the point where I am reading, comprehending and retaining things better, and can watch a movie the whole way thru too. Part of the "more energy" piece I guess.

Hope67

Quote from: Three Roses on June 12, 2019, 04:26:09 PM
my interest and attention span have improved to the point where I am reading, comprehending and retaining things better, and can watch a movie the whole way thru too. Part of the "more energy" piece I guess.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

:hug:
Hope  :)

Three Roses

No need for responses, just keeping track of my overall observations as the antidepressant leaves my system.

Low mood today - depressed, low energy, irritable. Chart (at https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/going-off-antidepressants) says it is half out of your body in 4-6 days and 99% out in 25 days. I went on half dose on May 24, June 7 was the last dose.

Just trying to take it easy today. I'm trying to ignore my ICr listing all the duties I'm shirking.