Discovery Journal

Started by Three Roses, January 24, 2019, 05:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jazzy

Hope you feel better soon ThreeRoses! It can be really tough with chemical changes to the brain like that (medication change). It should smooth out soon though. Hang in there. Take care! :)

Three Roses

Hope67

Three Roses

Sceal

Tee

Jdog

3R-

I haven't had as much time to read posts lately, as I am back in teaching mode.  But I wanted to send along my best wishes for your healing.  Take care, and be safe.

Snowdrop

Hope you're bearing up OK.  :hug:

Three Roses

Sceal, Tee, Jdog, Snowdrop -  :grouphug:

I'm actually doing really well these past few days! Lots of energy, happy mood. Even went to church Sunday and then went out and spent the whole day with a friend yesterday. This is an unusual amount of energy for me.  :bigwink:

sanmagic7

:cheer:  let's hear it for energy!  i'm glad you're able to enjoy it.  sounds great!  love and hugs, 3r.   :hug:

Jazzy

That's great to hear! Good job! :)

Snowdrop

Jdog

Tee

Three Roses

As always, thanks to you all for your comments and support.  :grouphug:

As my psych appt nears, all my uncomfortable symptoms seem to have disappeared. All my issues are being "well behaved" like kids who know Christmas is approaching and their behavior will be scrutinized. At this point in my life, I have a lot of awareness of not only my issues but also my skill at hiding them from myself.

So today I've gone through this online journal to write a bulleted list of the bigger concerns I have. I know my tendency to freeze up and/or present a Happy Shiny version of myself to health care professionals - well, to everyone really. I can't do that this time, if I really want help.

As far as meds, if I continue to feel as good as I have for the past week or so, I won't need an antidepressant. Maybe going back to journaling daily and reading my self-help books will be enough to maintain me.

I do think I will ask for a blood test, given the info my friend sent me on copper toxicity. Here's a link if anyone's interested - https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/holistic-psychiatry/201709/copper-toxicity-common-cause-psychiatric-symptoms. I have a lot of the symptoms listed, and at this point I'll take any help I can get. If I need to go on zinc or something simple to help, I'm totally willing.