Discovery Journal

Started by Three Roses, January 24, 2019, 05:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowdrop

Good luck! I'm sure it will go well.  :hug:

SharpAndBlunt

Hope67

:hug: to you Three Roses, I'm thinking of you today and hope it goes well.   :hug:
Hope  :)

sanmagic7

thinking of you - hope it goes well and you feel satisfied.  sending love and a hug full of just what you've been looking for!   :hug:

Three Roses

Went well, liked her, she is trauma informed, got lots of info. Going to "wait and see" if I really want or need antidepressants again, will talk to her again in about 4 weeks. If I do get on antidepressants again it will be something different.

But - have been tired and withdrawn after seeing her. Feeling quiet. It's natural so I'm just riding it out. Love to you all.

sanmagic7

and love back to you.

i like her 'wait and see' approach.  i like that she's not pushing you onto meds right away. 

i think tired and withdrawn is a pretty natural response.  you deserve some rest, and applause  :applause: for sticking with this.  well done, you!   :thumbup:

love and a hug filled with peace, in mind and body.   :hug:

Tee

Love you back, glad it well. :hug:

Not Alone

Glad your appointment went well.

woodsgnome

Good deal per visit #1.  :thumbup:

It's not surprising to feel the presence of fatigue setting in afterwards; at least per my own experiences post-therapy sessions. It's a natural response, I think, to venturing into greater depth in some rather sensitive areas.

Perhaps this also results just from deciding to go deeper in the first place. When I was trekking around various T's I felt were disinterested, I unconsciously seemed to followed their lead, and began to lower my intensity as there seemed little support for my issues; just getting to the end of the allotted time period was their seeming preference.

This changed with my current T. While it's been up-and-down, our relationship is more in tune with a sort of 'relaxed' intensity that seems to stimulate thoughts which in turn seem to tire me out after almost every session -- whether I view the session in an overall positive, negative, or neutral light.

Bottom line, take good care of yourself. It seems like you are doing that, in your own way, and I hope you can continue the trend.

:hug:

Jazzy

Sounds great Three Roses; wishing you all the best! :)

Three Roses

Not feeling like myself the past few days. Maybe I've over extended myself. It started raining here, where I live, and will probably now continue to rain through spring. With the darkened skies come darker moods and I'm wondering if I'll be able to stay off antidepressants.

I can see an area that needs attention - I'm not speaking up and saying what I want and need. I'm putting myself last and thinking I owe something to  people.

Putting myself at about a 6 on a scale of 1-10 for being depressed, not bad but not good either.

Tee

:hug: take care of yourself 3R. :hug:

SharpAndBlunt

Three Roses, good that you've noticed that you are putting yourself last. I wonder if you have been aware of this on some level already and it's contributing to your feelings of depression. Just a thought.

I get what you say about dark skies also. It's heading towards autumn here and the shorter days make a difference.

Sending a :hug: to you.

Jdog

Hope67

:hug: to you, Three Roses.
Hope  :)