Discovery Journal

Started by Three Roses, January 24, 2019, 05:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Three Roses

Depressed. Withdrawn. Feeling like people are angry with me. I'm supposed to be leaving tomorrow to visit a friend and then have dinner with my son and his gf.... I hope I feel better soon. Maybe I'll try using the 13 steps for dealing with an EF that Pete Walker talks about.

Could use suggestions from you all.

sanmagic7

not angry w/ you, 3r, never have a reason to be.  take it easy on yourself, please.

sorry i can't write more - i'm in shutdown mode, due to stress, but sending you much love and a giant ems hug :bighug:

Snookiebookie2

Sending you hugs  :bighug:

You've been a great support to me this week. I appreciate you.

I hope you can work through this.

woodsgnome

It seems you've been riding some strong waves lately. Still that's got nothing to do with the strength of your character or an indication that you're doing anything short of your best. 

I also tend to fall into these worry cycles. Cycling out can seem far-fetched, and it doesn't help that we tend to build worst-case scenarios in our minds. Probably the most important trait is just always to go easy on oneself. Easy, in this instance, isn't always comfortable or the way we thought things would go.

Doing your best may not be recognized by some, but it's also not that scary when it comes from the heart. And you've been showing huge heart (and more) in all that you've shared here. Even those depths, to which we all can crash, don't contradict the goodness that you carry, and show so often here.

:hug:

Three Roses

San, Snookie, woodsgnome...  :hug: :hug: :hug: Thanks for your uplifting words!

I am feeling better this morning. Got a lovely phone call from a friend of mine last night, have known her over 40 years. It was good to talk to her, she's usually got such a chaotic schedule it's hard for her to do long phone calls like that. We shared a few laughs.

Seems like that, coupled with a good night's sleep, had lifted that ugly gray sticky fog of depression, and then I read your lovely replies here and that's helped further! Thank you ❤️

I'll be leaving this afternoon for a few days away with another friend who also struggles with cptsd. We both have such dark, quirky, weird senses of humor that we're bound to raise a few eyebrows! In my present mood I'm embracing that and even looking forward to it. I need it badly.

Snowdrop

I'm glad you're feeling better. I hope you have a nice time away. :hug:

Not Alone

Hope your time with your friend is renewing.

Jazzy

Glad you feel better. A good sleep can work miracles. :)

SharpAndBlunt

I'm also glad to hear you're feeling a bit better and looking forward to your trip! What a difference a day can make sometimes.  :hug:

Blueberry

Three Roses

What a great time I had! We laughed so hard. I lost out on some sleep and I'm tired but it was a well needed and rejuvenating trip.

I'm seeing how wide spread the cptsd beast really is! It's so prevalent! I see it in so many people who just don't have any awareness of it. Much healing is needed in so many people and families, mine included.

Snowdrop

Oh I'm glad you had such a good time. :cheer:

Blueberry

I'm glad it was rejuvenating and full of  :)) :)) :))

woodsgnome

Here's a bundle of hopes --  :cheer: :thumbup: :thumbup: :cheer: -- that the good vibes you came back with build a new way of being for you now and down the road.

Not Alone

Glad you had a good time with a lot of laughter.  :wave: