Discovery Journal

Started by Three Roses, January 24, 2019, 05:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hope67

Hi Three Roses,
Just wanted to pop by and send you a hug, as I've missed you  :hug: - I've been on a break in November, and now it's December, and I'm here again.  I am excited to see you've got the IFS book - I've just received my copy in the post today!  I hope you're finding the book helpful - I am keen to read mine, but I am apprehensive at the same time.  I am not sure that my parts trust Richard Schwartz yet - even though I thought he seemed quite nice when I've heard him talk on u-tube and other places.  I hope that you find it useful.  Sending you a hug - and wishing you the best.
Hope  :)

Three Roses

Hello again, beautiful forum people and fellow survivors.
:heythere:

Lots has happened ... tried welbutrin and had a very, very nasty reaction to it. Also reacted badly to clonidine. Wound up in urgent care a few times.

Am back on a different ssri now, zoloft. It's working well and I'm feeling much better.

We had a relatively quiet holiday season. Had to be very assertive with my sil who wanted to force herself into a visit here for a few days right in the middle of all that. I had texted her we weren't going to celebrate Thanksgiving this year because there was too much stress. So she, instead of responding to my text, decided to call my husband (her brother) and insinuate herself in through the back door so to speak, and he was going to let her come! Even after we had discussed it. So I stood in front of him while he was talking to her, waving my arms and mouthing 'no no no'. Also had to put my foot down about some other plans h had to help a friend which would have resulted in some very intense increase in tension and stress for me. During this time, my b/p was very high, reaching 183/115, and I was also dealing with an abscessed tooth which ultimately resulted in an extraction.

So, I've regained my voice. I have refreshed my memory that I am a fighter. That I can speak up for myself and insist on managing my surroundings and interactions so that I'm taking care of myself to the best of my ability.

Although we had no one here for Thanksgiving, we had a lively time at Christmas. Everything was settled with health and stress so we had a house full of people for a week or so (including sil).

Have an appointment coming up Jan 13 to start therapy again with a new therapist. Going to ask about Internal Family Systems approach. In the meantime I'll start reading my book again which I stopped while dealing with the above.

Snowdrop

Good to hear from you, dear one. :hug:

woodsgnome

:hug: Welcome back, fighter/survivor/explorer, intrepid recoveree (yes, I just coined that word).

Your voice was always treasured, and thus missed. Then again, it's easy to understand how taking breaks from this sort of activity is also beneficial, even for the best of souls (looking your way).

Kizzie

Welcome back Three Roses, I have missed your voice here  :hug:

Not Alone

Good to hear from you Three Roses. I have thought of you often. I'm sorry to hear that you went through such a difficult time and glad to hear that you are doing better. Missed you.

sanmagic7

so glad you're doing better, 3r.  especially glad the new meds are helping.  living better thru chemistry!  i know it well!

love and hugs, my dear.   :hug:

Hope67

Hi Three Roses,
So good to hear from you again, I've missed you. 
Hugs to you  :hug:
Hope  :)

MoonBeam

Three Roses, so glad you are feeling better. Good for you, for standing up for yourself and putting your foot down. That to me shows great strength.

Hope all goes well with the new T.  So glad that you found the right med, and so glad you are ok after your experience with the others.

:hug:

Three Roses

Thank you, everyone! ❤️😊

Bach

Three Roses, I'm really glad that you're back and doing better. 

Quote from: Three Roses on January 04, 2020, 06:02:45 PMSo, I've regained my voice. I have refreshed my memory that I am a fighter. That I can speak up for myself and insist on managing my surroundings and interactions so that I'm taking care of myself to the best of my ability.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

This is such a huge achievement!  It's so encouraging.  Thank you for sharing :hug:

Three Roses

Blueberry

It's lovely to see you back on the forum :grouphug:
Quote from: Three Roses on January 04, 2020, 06:02:45 PM
So, I've regained my voice. I have refreshed my memory that I am a fighter. That I can speak up for myself and insist on managing my surroundings and interactions so that I'm taking care of myself to the best of my ability.
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I'm so glad you finally got meds that are helping and that you have found a new T!

Wattlebird

Welcome back
So glad you got on top of the medication issues, it's great your back
Wb

Three Roses

Thanks! I'm going back and forth on the therapy thing, got very mixed and mixed up feelings about it! Part of me doesn't see the point - I don't need anyone to tell me how to think, this is an injury that was done to me by repeated traumatizions. So unless they're going to fix the injuries it feels pointless. But another part of me realizes they may have new info, a support group, something, anything that will help.