Discovery Journal

Started by Three Roses, January 24, 2019, 05:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanmagic7

hey, 3r,

since you're in the therapy thing, i do hope you'll find it helpful.  that's exactly why i'm w/ an emdr therapist - looking for the healing of the wounds.  i've already talked this stuff to death, it seems, but i've already gotten some different perspectives that i can use.  i mentioned that i feel sorry for that little girl i was, but don't want to be a victim or sit in a pity potty, and she said that maybe i could see it as compassion instead of pity.  even tho i've used that word thousands of times, the actual hearing of someone telling me of using it for myself in such a way made a whole lot of difference to me. :doh:  so, best to you with this - i really do hope you find something you can use for and about yourself. :yes:

sending love and a hug filled w/ self-compassion for all you've gone thru.  you so deserve that from yourself since you didn't get it from anyone else when you needed it. :hug:

Sceal

I am hoping that therapy will change how I see things, and help me unlearn behaviours I've learned in order to survive that is now unhealthy for me and are just creating a bigger devide between who I want to be and who I am. I hope that you try to give therapy a chance, it's painful. And sometimes it feels like it's making you worse, but pushing through that there's usually a breakthrough on the other end.

The goal is to get as good of a life for the time that is left for us, right?  Like you said, one step at a time.  No need to take it all in at once.

Snowdrop

I hope your appointment went well, Three Roses. I've been thinking of you. :hug:

Three Roses

Update - canceled the therapy appointment. I'm just not ready to start again with a new therapist. Maybe later.

Three Roses

Have been withdrawn lately. Maybe it's just getting used to my new antidepressant.  :Idunno:

I'm feeling so much better than before, when I stopped taking antidepressants. Speaking with a psychiatrist regarding medication has been great. First time in my life I've done it. I feel much more supported by my health care providers than ever before. They were great when I was so depressed, so kind and understanding.

So I've learned that maybe I can trust and be open. It's never going to be blind trust, but I feel I'm achieving a balance that I've missed until now.

Blueberry

Not Alone

Glad to hear that you are receiving support.

SharpAndBlunt

Hello Three Roses,

I just want to say I'm glad that anti depressants are helping you. I started on them last year and the psychiatrist wants me to take them for at least a year. I agree. I was wary and scared at first but a little more settled now. I'm glad to hear too that you're learning to be more open. This is such a big issue for me too. Best.

SaB

Sceal

:cheer: so good to hear you are doing better. That you have found medication that is working for you. And that you have health care professionals who support you and who are in your corner.

Three Roses

Thanks, everyone.

Been pretty withdrawn lately. Dunno why.

Hoping that spring comes soon, maybe a little sunny weather will perk me up.

Blueberry

Hi 3R :heythere: Good to see you again :hug:

Hope67

Hi Three Roses,
I hope you get some sunshine soon.  In the meantime, I send you a heartfelt hug  :hug:
Hope  :)

sanmagic7

:wave:

i hope something pos. kicks in for you soon, 3r.  it's such a drag to be down in the dumps for however long. :thumbdown:  love and hugs! :hug:

Three Roses

Back again! Doing better. Putting off having more tests on my heart issues until this virus settled down.

Sun is helping with the inner darkness. In our state, schools, restaurants, bars, and hair salons are all closed, as well as some government offices, but I don't mind that as I live in a semi secluded manner anyhow.

Anti depressants are in full swing and I'm on an even keel.  :thumbup:

Hello again to all my old friends, and greetings to those I haven't met yet.  :wave: I'm not going to try to catch up on posts, there's 10 pages since I took a break.  :aaauuugh: