Discovery Journal

Started by Three Roses, January 24, 2019, 05:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowdrop

Great to hear from you! :wave: I'm glad you're back, and in a better place.

Blueberry

Hi 3R, it's great to see you again!  :wave:  :hug:

woodsgnome

So wonderful to see your presence here again. May it bode well for your spirit, and for ours, as your sharing and contributions here have been noteworthy, as well as missed.  :grouphug:

Sceal

Welcome back! Glad to hear that you're doing better and that the sun is shining. :)

sanmagic7

that sun can certainly be free medicine, can't it?!  glad you're feeling better, 3r.  you're a doll.  love and hugs, my dear. :hug:

Three Roses

Light is important to me - I'm considering buying a light therapy lamp.

woodsgnome

The lamp sounds great. Added to your own always/already strong heart.  :hug:

Hope67

Hi Three Roses,
I am happy you're back, and want to send you a hug  :hug:
Hope  :)

sanmagic7

hey, 3r,

just sending some hugs.  the light lamp sounds great - i know people who have used it and it's helped a lot.  their only warning was not to overdo it.

i loved what you wrote in my journal - we'll stick together and get thru this.  love and hugs, my dear. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Three Roses

Stayed in my room all day, emotionally shut down. Watched movies, played video games on my tablet. Yesterday was an anniversary. At least I think so. I'll dig out some paperwork (when I feel better) to double check.

I'd like to read about something (not mentioning what it is) but it's so hard to comprehend what I read. Too much effort and then I just feel stupid when I can't get it.

I still don't know what to do about therapists, going/not going. What difference would it make at my age. And anyway I couldn't do it now due to current events.

Anyway this is just a note to track my feelings.

sanmagic7

3r, so sorry you're going thru a rough patch now.  totally sucks. :thumbdown:

personally, i'm really glad i'm talking to a therapist, even at my age.  it's been making a big difference.  even just talking to her on the phone has helped calm me at times, and we've done emdr processing on skype - it worked really well for me.  i'm feeling more stable overall, and it feels good to have a professional in my corner.  i know you'll do what's right for you, and i support your decision completely, no matter which way you decide.  :yes:

i hope you're getting some sunshine finally. :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:  here's some for you, even tho it's only virtual.  my heart is in those little sun emoji's, just letting you know i care.

love and hugs, my dear :hug:

Blueberry

I'm sorry you're feeling bad atm 3R! Here's a gentle  :hug: and some  :sunny: :sunny:

I have that too sometimes when reading - I just can't comprehend. Sometimes it even happens when somebody is talking to me. But we are not stupid! It's an effect of cptsd, e.g. emotional overload leaves no energy for the intellect. There are  possibly other reasons too. It is not on us though. It's on our abusers.

This phase will pass, you will be able to understand again.  Sending care :grouphug:

Hope67

Dear Three Roses,
I would also like to send some sunshine and hugs your way  :hug:  - oops - can't find the sunshine emoji, but the thought is there!!!  I empathise with the difficulty in comprehending things that are read sometimes, it happens to me a lot, and especially if I'm in any phase of an EF. 

Wishing you the best for the weekend.   :hug:
Hope  :)

Three Roses

Thank you, san, Blueberry & Hope.

Not Alone

Three Roses, I love to read, but in the last couple of years it has been hard for me to focus and comprehend. That is true even for an easy fictional book. If the book is related to abuse I often am so triggered that I am not able to digest what it says or to finish it.
:grouphug: