Forgotten or Lost Password?

Started by Kizzie, October 05, 2014, 05:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizzie

If you forget/misplace your password, please don't just create a new account - there is no way to link the two and it just leaves people wondering what happened to the "former you."  Instead:

Go to login screen as usual, type in whatever password you think it was; click enter.

Login in box appears again:  click on "forgot your password" link.  Prompts are fairly clear and easy to follow from this point.

Authentication reminder appears: You can enter either username or email address.

You then have two options:  Either "email me new password" or "let me set new password by answering my secret question."  (Reminder:  You might want to consider setting the secret question on your profile if you have not already done so!)

Badmemories

I did all that and still couldn't get in.  I am the ONLY one that uses My computer so I never log out.  I did not get an e-mail to reset it! :stars: I tried several times, and knew I had the right email.
Finally I went through My list of log-ins that I use a lot and HIT the right one!

I will check out the secret question!