FInding and Uploading an Avatar

Started by Kizzie, January 24, 2019, 06:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizzie

Part 1 – Find an image to use as your avatar

Go to a site such as https://pixabay.com/ that offers free images and download one you like to your computer. This ensures you choose an image that is free of copyright infringements.

To download an image, first left click on the desired image to enlarge it. Once it is enlarged, right click on it, and select "Save As" to save the image to your computer. Using the file type ".jpeg" is recommended (which for most computers is the default option). Images larger than 65 x 65 pixels will automatically be scaled smaller to match the 65 x 65 pixels limit.

Part 2 – Uploading the image as your avatar
First, log in to your account, then click on "Forum Profile" link, which is located in the top-right corner of the page.  Click on the "Upload an avatar" option and then the "Browse..." button.

From here, you simply need to locate the image you saved. Once you have selected your image, click on the "Change profile" button on the message board page (see below).

Your avatar should now be uploaded!

Kizzie

Just pinging this in case anyone who doesn't have an avatar wants to upload one.  :)

Kizzie

Chart

Question... I've uploaded an avatar that is (partly) an image of myself. Is this okay? I'll change it if I am breaking any kind of rule here. Thanks

Blueberry

idk if there's an actual rule about that on here but as a general suggestion - beware that this is the Internet and that all posts except those on Mbr Journals and a few other closed sections of the forum are visible to anybody, whether OOTS mbr on non-mbr.

Bermuda

I don't think there's a rule either.

I use an avatar that looks just like me because it helps make sense of some of my posts, as identity is a huge part in my trauma. I can imagine that you have your own personal motivation for using part of your face. :thumbup:

Kizzie

We don't have a rule about that and since it's just a partial you're likely safe to do so.  I know there's another person who has a similar avatar with half their face and their bird sitting on their shoulder (Bach). 

Chart

Last September I ordered six fertilized chicken eggs by mail (one euro each). Three hatched in my incubator. My youngest daughter was thrilled. The other day I was sitting outside (the weather is just starting to change a bit) and "Hipper" decided to climb up my leg onto my shoulder. Don't know why but I felt honored and my daughter w s thrilled but jealous. Life is good in little ways. Glad I can keep the image.