OK, here is a sensitive topic---sex drive

Started by marycontrary, February 11, 2015, 12:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rrecovery

You can count me among the over-sexed  ;)
Not having a lover causes a terrible, persistent longing.  It's a real bummer.
I just recently started seeing a man who can keep up with me sexually.  I'm 56!
Now I'm really curious about the percentage of Cptsd-ers who have a high sex drive.
I see sex as a type of artistic expression; if I can't express that part of myself I feel depressed.
I can have sex without strong attachment, but I have to be able to stand the guy and with my sensitivities I really can't stand the average guy around here (USA).
I am also mindful of karma and don't want to take part in cheating.
Let's hope I can hang on to my new guy for a while.  It's such a relief to have that need/desire met right now.

Thank you for starting this thread MaryC.  I feel less alone regarding this aspect of myself.  I hope all of us who desire a sex partner have/find one real soon  ;)

marycontrary

You are so welcome! I hope all of us get healthily laid real soon!

Anamiame

Okay, this is me like...totally going out on a limb here.  I am very modest and shy in this area, unless, well...I'm in an active relationship.  Since I haven't BEEN in a relationship for 12 years...let's just say, it's been a wee bit too long.  Plus I'm getting older which makes things even e-hem tougher. 

I've really been wanting to get into a relationship--or even a safe one night stand or 'friends' with benefits? 

It's so not like me, but is consuming my mind lately.  UGH.  I hate the fact that I'm human.   :doh: