Had a great talk with my daughter

Started by beingme, January 29, 2019, 06:28:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beingme

It has been an emotional day for me, lucky it is my day off from work. I still have tears randomly pouring out.
I saw a psychologist and talked about my abuse for the first time with a person face to face.
I started reading a book recommended by woodsgnome, thank you very much even though it made me cry.

Anyway my daughter rang, she had been diagnosed with Adjustment disorder and anxiety. I didn't talk in too much depth with her but did say that I recognised that her childhood has been chaotic due to my mental health issues and that when she spoke to her psychologist that she needed to be open about her childhood and that if she needed to confront me about some things then I would be there for that and not deny her experience.

She told me it was mostly related to her time in the army (still in army) and she did agree that it was pretty crazy at times but that she always understood that it was not about her and that she was loved.

She admitted she had not explored fully the possibility of the effect her childhood had on her but she was glad I said this to her.

I told her about my day and that I was emotional she was very good about it all. I did tell her that one day I would talk to her about what happened to me so she could understand better.

Bloody * this is going to be a * of a roller coaster ride.