Anyone else have trauma from emotional neglect only?

Started by Oscen, February 08, 2019, 06:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tee

Don't feel that way just hatched. We all have different stories.  They are all to eat much.  Welcome to the forum I'm glad you found us.  I hope you find the support here you are looking for the is a lot to be had.  There's a lot of good info and nice people.

My parents sound similar to yours? My NM did get physical at times but it started out as mostly neglect and emotional and verbal Abuse that set me up for sexual and physical later in life.  I'm sorry you went through this but you will find you are not alone here.

Welcome! :grouphug:

Three Roses

Welcome! Wanted to respond to some specifics in your post if that's okay - if not please disregard.  :)

QuoteI've subsequently experienced physical and sexual violence in my adult life and haven't sought help for any of it, believing it just didn't matter, that it was my fault and I needed to deal with it and move on.
It matters. You matter. Your abuse was not your fault. This is a very common issue with a lot of us here, who have had our feelings minimized as you have.

Quoteno one mentioned emotional neglect, or CPTSD, my problems were blamed on my brain chemistry or my beliefs and choices.
This makes me feel a bit angry toward those who have hurt you and then blamed you for being hurt! :pissed:

QuoteI feel like a fraud for trying to be part of this community, because I only had emotional neglect from my parents, but it set me up for unconsciously neglecting and abusing myself, for bringing further trauma into my life and making it impossible for me to seek help and support from anyone, no matter how bad it got.
All abuse is harmful, but if I'm not mistaken I believe I've read that neglect is the most harmful form of abuse, as it conditions us to believe we are nothing and to not seek help for problems that arise. You're not a fraud, you belong here, and deserve our support as a fellow survivor of trauma.

I hope to hear more from you. I'm sorry you have had cause to have sought us out but am glad this forum exists for all of us. Thanks for joining!  :hug:

Just Hatched

Quote from: Three Roses on July 19, 2019, 03:20:28 PM
Welcome! Wanted to respond to some specifics in your post if that's okay - if not please disregard.  :)

Thank you Three Roses, I'm still finding my way around this forum and trying to figure out how to quote etc.  Your welcome and comments are much appreciated.

Blueberry

A warm welcome to the forum, Just Hatched :heythere:

You are not a fraud at all for joining us here. Emotional and/or verbal abuse and neglect can lead to cptsd just as well as other forms of abuse. You are certainly not alone with that on here.

Not Alone

Just Hatched,

You are very welcome to this forum.