Flashback at Work

Started by Faker, February 09, 2019, 12:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faker

Just coming down off a 4-hour long emotional flashback that was brutal. I felt the overwhelm, helplessness, and hopelessness I repressed from my 26-year marriage to my ex wife. I think a work related project I don't yet have under control triggered it or maybe it was post processing the therapy yesterday. I am clean/sober over a year but understand why I drank alcoholicly. My main consolation is they always pass and I have more days without them than with them.

SharpAndBlunt

I would just like to say well done on not using alcohol.  :thumbup:

I also get those kind of flashbacks at work. It's really hard. And I also mostly don't drink at all now. The relief from it is short term and the after effects brutal.

Tee

Congrats on being able to stay alcohol free.  Flashbacks at work are the worst.  I had a really bad one the other day that left me in freak out mode for a portion of my day.  Made it through but it is hard. You are not alone.

Kizzie

EFs are really tough so glad to hear you know it will pass, at the time though it's just plain difficult to hang on until it does  subside.  It's one reason I drank - to numb myself but then that became another problem to deal with. 

Congrats on a year sober!  :thumbup: