Dreams

Started by personal, February 10, 2019, 07:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

personal

Hi All,
I had a dream last night, that told me everything about how I was really coping with things.

It was night ( isn't it always ?) My ex partner was sitting on a bench seat outside my flat in the yard watching me.  He looked like he had every right to be there. He even brought his bicycle to change a tyre out there. !
At another point he was in a big white four wheel drive and seemed a very powerful, self possesed figure.
He was an intimidating presence.
I remember in my dream, that he had complete power over me and I just closed my eyes in defeat.
I woke up feeling awful and trapped.

Today, I have reflected on the fact that although he is hopefully out of my life, the extent of his mental control of me is still present.
Wondering if anyone else has had some bad dreams too.

Wattlebird

Yes I dream almost nightly that my ex is banging on my door, I leap out of bed and check the windows but it's a dream. Throws you for a loop, I'm sorry you get this too.  :stars:

Kizzie

Hi Personal and welcome to OOTS, I see this is your first post so wanted to suggest you also post in the Intro forum so members can welcome you.

Also, I moved your post here because it is about dreaming and intrusions of trauma into your sleep. So many of us do deal with dreams/nightmares like yours unfortunately.  Anyway, you're more likely to get relevant responses here, plus you can read about what others have experienced.   

Three Roses