the rule of the black sheep

Started by Rovivrus, February 14, 2019, 11:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rovivrus

I have read in a book than in any sort of group they'll always be a black sheep.

If I take OOTS into consideration I could then imagine there are people who can't fit into this group.
People who obviously need as much support as I and others need here.

An act of invalidation would be say, no, that's not possible, this place is good and we have good support here.

Yes, but, who is guaranteeing there aren't people that due to our traumas, we wouldn't be able to let them stay with us?

As I've never had been fitting in a group as a childhood, this is a concern of mine and I'm interested in hearing the oponion of this forum.

I think in order to participate in a forum a good degree of self expression is required and not anyone has that.
Some people have been abused in sub a way they may have coping mechanism witch doesn't make them compatible with the coping mechanism a OOTS member may have.
This is another logic I'm considering.

Rovivrus

I'll make the situation more interesting.

This is a real example I've seen happening in front of my very own eyes, and I'll impersonate the person. My name is Joe.

I've C-PTSD (Joe). I've never had many friends in the past, and I come here and open a thread of how much I want a massage. I don't make it sexual, I'm just speaking of a massage.  :Idunno:

This wouldn't make much sense for anyone who would observe fast. In this forum, there could be people sexually abused, and this would be triggering. I believe there'd be many more situations this would be triggering to many.

As a result of everything (scenario, forum members trauma, Joe's own trauma), I, Joe, could easily receive invalidating or angry reply, and feel excluded from the group. (this is what I think and would expect to happen)

If I want to make it even more harsh Joe I (Joe) could at some point start asking a massage directly to a member of OOTS, on the same thread. (I've seen this happening, too, in real life).

The person is question is someone I've been knowing on the streets.

If there is any thought like they can receive psychological support, I agree, as long as they can receive it trauma informed as anyone has they right to, proved they've C-PTSD.

My personal view is I intensively detest any abusers and would like to see anyone who lived traumatizing childhood experience and has got a minimal intention of not becoming like their parents properly helped and supported.
It's not a business of mine to think if this is utopia or not, but it's my philosophy.