Hi to everyone

Started by personal, February 14, 2019, 11:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

personal

Hi to everyone,
I have alot to be thankful for - I finally escaped a long term (almost 30 years) relationship about 2 years ago. I could not however, go No Contact, until recently, for reasons known only to the man upstairs, more likely my pity and compassion for someone who had emotionally, financially and psychologically abused me . Yeah, it's amazing how  difficult this process of REALLY separating has been.
Before I left I had some serious issues mentally and physically and was just closing down. Scary...
But here I am, I'm alive and I have been trying , trying .... I'm alot better than I was but have a long way to go...
I have a bit of a support network but need to be around people who have lived experience..
So, thanks to everyone who shares their journey. The stories give me perspective, hope, insights, information and a sense I am not alone .
I hope I can contribute in a positive way and become part of the OOTS community.

Three Roses

Not Alone

Welcome. You are not alone.

Kizzie

Hi and a warm welcome to OOTS Personal.  I agree it took a lot of strength to go NC after such a long time and I hope that it has freed up energy to focus on you and your recovery/healing  :yes: