nervous

Started by zeekoctane, March 08, 2019, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zeekoctane

I have been to this place a few times but have not had the courage to join. I have known about my cptsd for about 10 years now. I have gone the various therapies, including emdr and brainspotting, but have not had any resolution. I am at a wall in my life and need to find a way over it. I personally do not know anyone else who understands what my daily life struggles are and am hoping I find support here.

Not Alone

Glad you took the risk to join and post. I have found this to be a place where people "get it."

zeekoctane

Thanks for replying. How does this work? I have never been on a forum. Can I just jump into a conversation somewhere that I find helpful to me? Or do I need to stay on my own?

RiverRabbit

Welcome zeekoctane...

I have been here for a month or so.

It seems that you can just read what interests you and write what you feel (keeping to the rules of conduct, of course).  And, I do encourage you to write, as it seems to help process festering issues, and root out buried memories.

... plus it gives us a chance to cheer you on... which is therapeutic for me as well.

Everyone's fight seems very different, but core issues seem to follow familiar scaffolding (bad analogies 101).

Three Roses

Hello, welcome to you zeekoctane! Yes, feel free to jump into any conversation... This was only the second forum I'd ever been a part of but the experience here is much different as we work at being supportive, informative, and understanding of where each member is coming from.

As RiverRabbit said, our backgrounds are all different but we seem to share the same issues and symptoms. In case you haven't been to Pete Walker's website, here's a link - http://pete-walker.com Lots of useful info there, he's a therapist who also shares CPTSD with us.

Thanks for joining - I'm glad you're here.
:heythere:

Anjulie

Welcome, zeecoctane :wave:

Kizzie

Hi and a warm welcome Zeekoctane  :heythere:   Jump in anywhere or start your own threads, all good  :) 

zeekoctane

Thank you all very much.