Glad I've found this place

Started by Anjulie, February 28, 2019, 08:04:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anjulie

Not Alone

"O dear, now that I reread what I said of my English knowledge... It really gives the impression that I was just fishing for compliments... I'm so sorry. That was not my intention."

I didn't get the impression that you were looking for compliments. Maybe you needed more affirmation that you are doing a good job. It is okay to need affirmation and encouragement.

Anjulie

"It is okay to need affirmation and encouragement."
Thank you so much, notalone. This thought is somehow new to me... it feels like a warming sun  :sunny:  :hug:

Anjulie

I just want to say that I am currently so full of thoughts and processing what I read here and other cptsd-input. I try to take it easy and slow but it is so helpful and life-changing to me that I really want to read and learn.
Today I am hopeful and self-compassionate.

bluepalm

I try to take it easy and slow but it is so helpful and life-changing to me that I really want to read and learn.
Today I am hopeful and self-compassionate.

Anjulie I'm really glad to hear this because I am feeling this way too about finding OOTS. I've also just started reading Out of the Fog and realise that on OOTF, too, are people who have had similar life experiences. Reading books about CPSTD is not the same as reading the words of others who share the experiences. I've told my GP about OOTS because I think it's an absolutely wonderful resource. 

Anjulie

Anjulie

And I agree, bluepalm, it is a different story to really hear about others with similar storys. You just don't feel so alone anymore. Just reading a book would not create this experience.