Feeling lonely

Started by kajabace, March 01, 2019, 03:02:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kajabace

I work very hard to live a happy  and productive life. But with in every day there are moments that I feel so very alone and confused. There are so many thoughts running through my head. I just wish I had someone to lean on.

integrity

I hear that. Sometimes I feel lonely even though I am surrounded by loving friends.
We're here for you  :grouphug:

Kizzie

I hear you too kajabace, what about trying to find a support group in your area?  It's unlikely there will be one specifically for Complex PTSD but there may be one for childhood abuse. Perhaps try googling and see what comes up.

Not Alone

kajabace

thanks to  you all.   :)
       The support groups that are advised in this area are DBT themed. I find that they don't leave the door open to face why one actually feels the way they do. I have my degree in social work, In theory I understand why people behave the way they do. I haven't  ever found a  true peer group in person. My closest friends tend to me therapists. What works for me now is EMDR.
        The  group of friends (peers) that I hung out with today actually made me cry. They couldn't appreciate how far I've come. hey are happy with there status quo.  This was what I was  trying to express  in the post I deleted.  What does one do after they  have completed DBT?

Kizzie

I did Google supports groups for where you're located and 6 pages came up at Psychology Today's database (https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/groups) of both therapeutic and support focused groups. Maybe have a look as there may be groups that don't subscribe to a DBT theme. https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/groups

Connection in real life is a big part of recovery/healing so beyond a T and your friends (who may not understand), a group of like minded and experienced people is a potentially helpful option. 

Beyond that I'm not sure what would be best for you specifically, but you could also have a look through the therapists in the Psych Today database for your area, read about them and their approach and see if anything resonates.

kajabace

I have the best trauma  therapist in my very small town. I don't understand how a wish ( one that you would wish upon a shooting star)  for 1  friend ended up in a referral to group therapy.  I don't want to insult anyone but I have taken responsibility for every diagnose that was place on me and I have over achieve. I want through regular education  graduated from college. I was taken of medication cold turkey and stayed off for 4 yrs.  In a  group that one would find through Psychology Today would be a patient  setting. that is what I have successfully avoided. 

Kizzie

It was just a suggestion Kajabace. Is there anything you can think of doing to find and make a friend?