Had a Boundary

Started by Phoebes, May 10, 2019, 07:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phoebes

I think 4 years ago, this would have consumed by physical and mental space and been very unnerving.

I seemed to manage setting a firm boundary with a bully at work, as well as with a "family" I'm supposed to work with no matter how they treat me. These people have lied over and over. Flipping the script is what they are doing. Gaslighting. I can see and feel it clear as day.

My bullying admin likes to drop little tidbits that aren't true about me to my superiors.

THIS time, I told her I would no longer be working with this family after this latest string of lies and accusations. She wrote to several superiors that I refused to work with them because I didn't like their unfriendly tone. WHAT???

That did it. I replied all with how I had worked with MANY unfriendly people and coworkers over my many years, and don't let little things like that keep me from working with people. But the real reason was I no longer trust or feel safe with people who feel so entitled as to continually make up stories and lie about how things went. I feel it's abusive and not to be taken lightly, and I will definitely not be setting foot alone in their home ever again. (This is the requirement).

So, none of them answered. I'm sure they may think I'm overreacting or whatever, but I KNOW this woman is clearly malignant in some form, and I truly don't trust her AT ALL. So, I followed my instinct, and am willing to defend myself should the need arise.

WHEW. Just thought I'd share. I slept well last night  :cheer:

bluepalm

Yes Phoebes! Well done! Trust your instincts. I'm happy to hear you slept well. In my view, your body's reaction, sleeping well, is all the validation you need that what you did was correct - that you set a necessary boundary and defended yourself. I find this inspiring.  :cheer:

Blueberry