Hello!

Started by Lady Knight, March 26, 2019, 04:52:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Knight

I'm new and happy I found this place.I'm in my fifties and was in treatment for depression and anxiety for about 15 years.I haven't seen a doctor for about 5 years and currently not in treatment.A few doctors said they believed I had cptsd but couldn't diagnose me with it because it wasn't an official diagnosis so,they said they would treat me for depression.Recently found a book called The Body Keeps The Score and realized that cptsd is my main issue.I'm married and have children and grandchildren.I feel less alone since finding OOTS.

Blueberry

Welcome to the forum, Lady Knight! :heythere: I'm glad you found your way here and that it makes you feel less alone.

Kizzie

Hi and a warm welcome to OOTS Lady Knight  :heythere:   Glad you figured out you have CPTSD and found your way here.  Many of us do not have a diagnosis for the same reason - until recently it was not an official diagnosis.  Fortunately things have changed recently as the World Health Organization is including Complex PTSD in their International Classification of Diseases Edition 11.  It's not due to be published until 2022 but it is in the draft which clinicians and researchers do have access to, and researchers are carrying out studies about the symptoms, causes and treatment. 

You can read more about this here. There are also a number of forms/handouts/guidelines here.

:grouphug: 

Lady Knight

Thank you Blueberry and Kizzie for the welcome and thanks so much for the links Kizzie.I'm learning so much here like the fawn response and I was a parentified child.It has given me a lot of insight into my struggles with this cptsd.

Kizzie

:thumbup:  and  :grouphug:   Keep reading and posting!  :yes:

Three Roses

Not Alone

Welcome. Glad you found this site. It is so helpful to hear from and get feedback from others who "get it."

Lady Knight

:wave:Thank you for the welcome Three Roses and notalone.@ notalone is certainly is very helpful to hear from and get feedback from others who "get it".Thanks so much for the encouragement Kizzie,I will for sure. :yes:

Kizzie

:thumbup:     and      :grouphug: