Attachment issues of friends

• 4 Replies

Boatsetsailrose

• Hello welcome - so glad I am here and you are too
    • View Profile
Attachment issues of friends
« on: April 03, 2019, 03:24:02 PM »
I love my friends dearly and love spending time with them -  when I can get time with them!
The thing is most if not all have attachment problems (just like me :)
I feel sad about this.
My attachment issues are more who I attach to rather than the amount...
There's seem more being evasive oone friend she flits from friend to friend yet I'm one of her closest. Another friend I know he loves spending time with me we have fun but his mh episodes shut him away... I also have another friend who doesn't contact me but is always up for meeting when I contact him....

Ultimately I need to accept these friends as they are with their struggles... I am going to take some more actions around widening my friendship circle which feels a good move... Never know I may be attracted to someone who doesn't have attachement issues!

SharpAndBlunt

• View Profile
Re: Attachment issues of friends
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 05:16:26 PM »
Hi, this is interesting to me because I tend to think that my own friends issues are somehow reflecting on something I've done wrong - even when I know it isn't. It's useful for me to realise that other people have issues too, so I just wanted to say thanks for posting this.

I'm going to start a thread about issues I have around this.

SaB

Boatsetsailrose

• Hello welcome - so glad I am here and you are too
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2019, 09:56:23 PM »
Thanks Sharp yes it's easy to thing its me and I've done something /am wrong... Its only just lately that I'm realising it's not me... I'm progressing in my healing around attachment with others and wanting to be close to others which I'm pleased about

SharpAndBlunt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 08:37:01 AM »
Way to go, it's tough work and I'm glad to know you are healing around that  :thumbup:

CreativeCat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2021, 07:38:44 PM »
Thank you for posting this! I also assume its about me! Your approach to widening you circle sounds really helpful and healthy.