Introduction

Started by SadOldMan, April 01, 2019, 06:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SadOldMan

Glad to have found this place. Too painful to tell the whole story. Raised by an abusive single parent, married twice, NPD partners both times. Living somewhere (like most people) where trauma-focussed treatment is hard to find. Starting with new therapist this week. Feel as though it is too late but still trying. Will report. Namaste.

Three Roses

Never too late, imo. Good luck, will be interested to hear your experiences.
:heythere:

SadOldMan

Kizzie

Have you had your appt and if so how did it go SOM?

SadOldMan

Hi all. Yes, @Kizzie, had my appt. Too soon to comment. Part of my C-PTSD is trust issues. I'll report when/if there are results. Have paid for therapy from four different therapists now with no improvement. Just as many shysters in that business as any other.

bluepalm

Dear Sad,
I would really encourage you to keep trying to find a compatible therapist even though, I know, it's a painful process to put trust in strangers. I have gained so much from working with good therapists. With two different therapists at different times I feel it has been literally life-saving. But I have walked away from another two people over the years - once because I could not bear to hear what he was saying (that I was in a destructive relationship) even though he was correct and once because I felt disrespect and even hostility from the therapist. I'm sorry I walked away the first time because it could have been a turning point towards health but I'm glad I walked away the second time because it led me to search some more and then to finding a much better therapeutic experience. So I guess I've learnt it's worth keeping on trying. I hope your current choice turns out to be a truly healing experience.
bluepalm