Hi there

Started by Blackbird33, April 05, 2019, 12:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackbird33

Hi there,
I have been coming here almost daily for the past 6 months but haven't really properly introduced myself but I'm ready now. I'm 34, diagnosed cptsd, and I chose the name blackbird33 because I wear mostly black and I sometimes wonder how  free birds must feel when they are flying. I have 2 kids under the age of 10, and an amazing dog who is with me 24 hours a day. 
This is the only forum I have ever visited and it has given me a feeling of being less alone.  So thank you for having me.

woodsgnome

:heythere: Hi, Blackbird33.

Cptsd has lots of twists and turns (some would say too many), so it helps to find a place like OOTS where there's others who've struggled with similar symptoms you no doubt are familiar with or learning about. Cptsd can involve lots of learning about the problems but also un-learning the old ways and habits we picked up from living under its cloud.

I hope you'll find useful material here that you can apply, but I also encourage you to speak up, ask or share any info or wisdom you've come across. While it's true none of us asked for the condition, at least there's people here who interact in supportive ways. 

Kizzie

HI Blackbird, glad you're feeling more comfortable about posting.  Considering our background and trust issues it's no wonder it's a risk for the majority of us even to write anonymously about we've been through and what it left us to struggle with.   :yes:  I too am so glad I posted and stuck with it as it does really help to know I'm not alone in this and that others are willing to share their experiences, and provide suggestions, support and encouragement.  We're a tribe no-one really wants to join but come to embrace.

I hope you feel more comfortable as you post more  :grouphug:

Not Alone

Blackbird,
Glad you felt safe enough to introduce yourself. Welcome.

Blackbird33

Woodsgnome, Kizzie and Notalone,  thank you for your welcomes and wise words:)

Kizzie