Selfish, lazy friend.....or none

Started by johnram, April 10, 2019, 12:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnram

As i come to learn more and more about my ways of behaving and how that in turn attracted certain people into my life, i have come to appreciate how i have no real friends.

Most of the friends i have, and there are very few now, i dont see often given distance.

However, i have one who is local, but he is very selfish, lazy and wont accept any fault at all.  This isnt my words, its those of others, that i now realise as true.

Problem is, given i dont have any local friends bar him, i am keeping the relationship alive, but with the view in the future that will change. 

What are others thoughts on this? 

thanks

Three Roses

I think its important to interact with people who are supportive and kind. Imo you should save your friendships for people who build you up and enrich your life or who at least don't make it even more difficult for you. I think people who are toxic or difficult should be avoided altogether or at least  given gray rock treatment. Just my opinion.

Patticake

I also found myself in your position recently. After I "woke up" & realized the friends I had were needy, complainers, unsuccessful in life, & downright depressing & emotionally draining for me, I ended almost all these relationships. I can honestly say I don't miss any of them.

I was attracting these people because of the way I was. Key word "was". I am now only accepting new friend applications from people I find to be safe, considerate & uplifting. This is quite different for me & a slow process. I now realize how lonely having Cptsd can be, so I'm not too hard on myself for leaving old, unhealthy friendships behind me. It's necessary in the healing process, I think.

I will continue to seek out new relationships with people who bring healthy, positive, loving attributes with them. I expect nothing more & will accept nothing less! You are, also, now "awake" & will find new friends. Give yourself time & be patient with yourself.
You will now choose your friends, they won't choose you.

Thanks for posting. We're all here for you wishing you only the best!