Being stalked by abusive parent. Gaslighting. Deeply shaken.

• 21 Replies

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Being stalked by abusive parent. Gaslighting. Deeply shaken.
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2019, 03:40:57 PM »
 :grouphug: 

Blueberry

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2019, 06:20:32 PM »

notalone

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2019, 07:11:33 PM »
A deeply disturbing experience. Understandable that you are feeling overwhelmed and anxious.  :hug:

CheshireCanary

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2019, 03:24:23 AM »
I thought I was doing okay at first after it happened, but in the days since, its really been having a huge impact on me. I feel unable to cope with the smallest things, feel a huge amount of anxiety even when just trying to rest, and am unable to get anything done.

I have the exact same response when I deal with my mother. I can't get anything done because my mind is stuck on all the hurtful crap she does to me and my kids, can't function, and am usually too upset to trust myself to drive with my child in the car because my mind is so fuzzy. Insomnia and constant off-the-chart panic attacks.

No one should have to go through this crap. I'm glad you posted about the lingering effects because it makes me feel more (as ridiculous as this sounds)  'real' and 'human'  and 'connected' hearing that other survivors have the same experiences I deal with.  Thank you.

WideSargassoSea

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2019, 01:49:12 PM »
Cheshire Canary, Im so sorry you have to go through this. Yes, it is horrible, like you say. Yesterday I pretty much had to stay in bed, and now have strong reason to suspect the stalker has left a parcel for me at my local post office. I almost went to collect a 'missed delivery' item today, but then realised I had no deliveries due and hadnt ordered anything recently. That's set my fears off again. Even if Im just being a bit jumpy, it shows how much this affects things....

Im thinking of using some meds (in the correct prescribed way), though I dont like to, to cope for a bit as the toll this has taken on me is just too much.

It does really help me to read of others experiences of this, like yours. it helps me feel less alone, and helps me be kinder to myself when I know my reactions to all this are more common than I thought. Otherwise I have a tendencey to beat myself up for not being 'stronger'.

Blueberry

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2019, 05:38:01 PM »
WSS, I sometimes get a delayed reaction too. It seems as if I've managed alright and then I go into eF mode. I have very little contact with FOO, but when I do have some then I have to dissociate in order to manage. You are certainly not alone :hug:

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2019, 02:31:59 PM »