Feeling good today

Started by Oscen, April 21, 2019, 03:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oscen

Hi there guys, I'm feeling good today, and I had a thought about some of my goals I want to pursue and put them over on OOTF.
Ultimately, I want to look ahead and start working on my more creative outlets, which I've shied away from over the years.
But for now, so as to avoid overwhelm, my main focus is on recovery and feeling good.

I've been focusing a lot on self-care lately, especially eating regularly. Because I was emotionally overeating, it hadn't occurred to me that I needed to eat more, but actually focusing on having a good breakfast every day and eating something decent for lunch around midday is helping me enormously.

I've also been considering NC and grey rock, and although I've not made up my mind exactly how to proceed with M, it's helping just to know that I am right to detach, and have the right to detach, if contact is harming me overall.

I am planning to meditate daily using Joe Dispenza's recommendations, and I hope this will help my state of mind too.
The main thing will be the creative outlet - I find it so hard to prioritise my dreams and not criticise my efforts to pieces when I do.
I've been attending writing workshops and other creative courses, so I think I will just gently encourage myself to write more often, without any goals set in place to overwhelm me, or any judgments on the output.

woodsgnome

Nice set of goals, Oscen.  :thumbup:

I used to feel pressured if I set out goals, but that was more as a result of my old nemesis -- perfection. Unmet or deflected goals I didn't take in stride, but regarded them more with a sense of failure; driven by the fear that the old pattern will repeat if I'm not perfect. I forgot the self-care elements and in the process created a separate failure on top of all of the other imagined 'failures'. Then the old voices of "see, you're no good" would chime in and I'd be a mess no matter what. It wasn't that I'd set goals, it was that I was fearing that I had better do them perfectly right or it wouldn't help.

So, I guess it's obvious what I'm suggesting -- be easy on yourself. If you miss a day at some goal, it's not the end of the matter; it might even be well to have a break. Relaxing into the goals then becomes more pleasurable and less hard on the self-judgement parts. Having made that adjustment, goals seem less threatening to me.

Wishing you well and hoping you turn the corner, with your goals, into greater self-acceptance as you experience life's new direction.

Blueberry