A Mountain's Worth

Started by RiverRabbit, April 24, 2019, 05:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRabbit

Putting these words in order… is the first order…

It is a first step in conquering this mountain that looms over me… in this cavern, where the weight of it groans with tension… with apprehension.

It all wants to fall…

And, knowing this certain doom… this inevitable failure is poised above me, like the sword of a cursed king… I take the step anyway.

I take the step to move this mountain… to push it back… to rescue the child trapped in its dark grasp.  This struggle, through prose, may shine in some light as I fight... or it may lead me deeper into this cavernous labyrinth.

I am still a long way off, and my feeble fists seem to make no progress against the cold, jagged stone… but I hope he feels some faint echo… some vibration… and knows that he is worth it.

Ecowarrior888

Quote from: RiverRabbit on April 24, 2019, 05:22:57 AM
Putting these words in order... is the first order...

It is a first step in conquering this mountain that looms over me... in this cavern, where you can hear the weight groaning, with tension... with apprehension.

It all wants to fall...

And, knowing this certain doom... this inevitable failure is poised above me, like the sword of a cursed king... I take the step anyway.

I take the step to move this mountain... to push it back... to rescue the child trapped in its dark grasp.  I will struggle through prose to shine in some light as I fight.

I am still a long way off, and my feeble fists seem to make no progress against the cold, jagged stone... but I hope he feels some faint echo... some vibration... and know that he is worth it.

Amazing. Loved it!
"I take the step anyway"
"I will struggle through prose to shine in some light as I fight"

That is exactly how I feel with my drawings and my paintings. I hope little Riverrabbit does feel some echo, vibration. He is worth it. You got this. Fight the good fight.

bluepalm

Quote from: RiverRabbit on April 24, 2019, 05:22:57 AM
Putting these words in order... is the first order...

It is a first step in conquering this mountain that looms over me... in this cavern, where the weight of it groans with tension... with apprehension.

It all wants to fall...

And, knowing this certain doom... this inevitable failure is poised above me, like the sword of a cursed king... I take the step anyway.

I take the step to move this mountain... to push it back... to rescue the child trapped in its dark grasp.  I will struggle through prose to shine in some light as I fight.

I am still a long way off, and my feeble fists seem to make no progress against the cold, jagged stone... but I hope he feels some faint echo... some vibration... and know that he is worth it.

Dear RiverRabbit, This poem has left me sitting still, quiet, sad, tears falling. You convey the enormity of the coldness and weight of the damage caused when we are abandoned and abused, when our basic human needs are not met by those we desperately depend on to meet them.  The last words are just lovely - the 'faint echo', 'some vibration'. This is beautifully put. And yes, he is most definitely worth it.

Kizzie

Quote...beautifully put. And yes, he is most definitely worth it.

Echoing Bluepalm's words.

RiverRabbit

Thank you all for reading this, and for your replies.

Sorry I took so long to respond to you guys... this one took a lot out of me, and I have been feeling a bit hollow ever since writing it.

I am working on another idea... "A little less hollow"... but am not sure what shape it will ultimately take.

Your reading these poems, and understanding them to the level that you do, makes me feel a connection, and a comforting.  Thank you for that.