Bristol - South West resources

Started by Boatsetsailrose, April 24, 2019, 09:04:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boatsetsailrose

Hi
Last year I found this wonderful charity called the Southmead Project. At the time I had prev completed  the IAPT NHS trauma informed 12 wks offering (cbt based) and wasnt being taken on by secondary services so was at a loss.
Finding Southmead was a breathe of fresh air and a much needed resource.
I was offered an assessment and then was offered a therapist who I saw on a wkly basis for a year. I felt safe with this women and she clearly was well qualified and experienced in trauma work. She didn't re traumatise me in any way but worked mainly with what was going on in the immediate (though of course the past came into it).
We spent many months on regulating the nervous system, emotional stability and grounding techniques. I developed a safe place that I can go to anytime (in my imagination) and working with her on this has really helped me since in times of EF.
We did some time line work and also used art. Then we went on to do some family systems  integration work. Which was working on the fragmented self and how different voices develop in the psychy ie inner critic etc. I also then found my inner nurturer and she is with me today... She is beautiful x

Here is the link for the project
It is also a free service as the project is lottery funded which is incredible as therapy is an expense.
https://southmeadproject.org.uk/about-us/