Getting HRO

Started by ghost1111, March 26, 2024, 11:42:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghost1111

My ex (7 years post divorce) still taunts and abuses using the OFW app (co parenting), and verbally assaults every time there is a pick up and drop off. He makes life so miserable on the daily, and now I am experiencing physical effects of all the stress, the name calling, the insulting, making fun of me, laughing at me, calling me white trash, and now states that I drank and smoke during my pregnancy with my special needs son - this is new. I honestly cannot take it anymore so I called the local police and am filing a restraining order as soon as I print out the years of emails, texts, and highlight them. I did find out that even though we use the OFW app already, if things are granted and he violates the HRO, there may be jail time for him.
Our kids are so damaged, really hurt after all of these years of this. I survived childhood PTSD but this is so much worse than what I ever had to deal with. He uses it against me and even though I pay his alimony and we have 50/50 custody, I pay his health and dental insurance, and a couple hundred dollars in child support, gave him my house - all just to get away from him, he still stalks, still harasses, I honestly pray the judge grants this order. Just venting out loud to people who may understand what it is like to coparent with a malignant narcissist.

Cascade

Hi Ghost1111,
I agree that filing a restraining order is a good idea, not only for you, but for your kids as well.  Are there other steps you can take to protect yourselves?  If you still have to do the exchanges, could you leave your phone recording the sounds (if not video) of how it goes?  This might be handy evidence in the future.

My narcissist ex-husband turned around a filed a restraining order on me after I filed one on him.  It was lovely (not).  He had no evidence, but I suppose they are used to getting away with saying whatever they want without evidence.  I admire your strength!