Deep Blue’s progression not perfection journal

Started by Deep Blue, May 09, 2019, 05:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodsgnome

This is a symbol --  :hug:

... soulfully it represents much more ...

...until it resembles this --  :grouphug:

Hoping for the best for you ... an extra heartfelt peace nod be yours ...

Deep Blue

I'm so wrung out,
Meetings after school lasted for 1.5 hours and with everything else I'm soooo done.

Part of me wants to take tomorrow off work, but it's also the last day I'll see some of my students before exams and I want to help them prepare.

I honestly thought I was gonna have a panic attack right then and there when my Coworker came barging in my room the 3rd time.

I'm trying to use the new mantra I made for myself: just because things are not in my control doesn't mean I'm out of control.

I drank some tonight... just wanna sleep and I don't want to think about today anymore.  :no:

Not Alone

Deep Blue

Things are starting to get better!  :cheer:

Not alone, 3R: thanks so much for your continued support.

Woodsgnome: thanks for always popping in when I need it the most.

MoonBeam,
I did just that and hung in there and eventually things got easier to handle.

Jdog,
It's the kids taking college classes in high school That is killing us.  No need for so many high school teachers ya know? It's been tough AND I still don't know my schedule.  They said probably this coming Friday.... did I mention Friday is the staff workday and kids' last day is Thursday? Ugh  :doh:

Hope67

Hi Deep Blue - it's good that things are starting to get better.    :cheer:
:hug: to you and well done for hanging in there.  I know you're very busy just now, so hope it goes ok.
Hope  :)

Jdog

Deep Blue-

Any updates? Next year's schedule looking ok?

Hoping you are doing well now that the dust is settling, dear. :hug:

Deep Blue

Hello all,
I know mostly what I'm teaching next year but I have not started additional coursework yet.

I'm going to be MIA for a bit longer. My area was swept by tornadoes on Monday and I've been participating in charity and relief efforts every day.  Donating time, water, and food.  Also helping by cleaning up debris and stuff.  It's a mess here but I'm safe. 
Love you all  :grouphug:

Jdog

It is so, so kind of you to assist your neighbors during this time of great need.  I'm glad to know you are safe, and send warm thoughts and a great big :hug:to you also!

Three Roses

MoonBeam

woodsgnome

Hope things can get turned around for you, and the area in general. I know it's usually quid pro to add that things will get back to normal, but even keel would at least be nice. Wishing you well.  :hug:

Deep Blue

Hello all!
Thanks so much for your support and kind words!

Things are getting back to our new normal I'd say.  Some people didn't have power for 8-10 days.  Some didn't have running water for 3 days... many of us couldn't drink tap water. The devastation can still be seen out the window for many but we are starting to get back to life again.

I had therapy today, and we analyzed 2 beliefs I have.
1. I am damaged because of my trauma.
2. I need to be in control always.  I need to assess all new people and new situations be sure they are safe.

So yeah... that's what we are working on. I'm feelin kinda foggy today.  A little depersonalized... no idea why. Oh wel

Three Roses

If it's any comfort, I'm always a bit off-center after therapy. Foggy, as you say. I'm glad things are getting back to a new normal.  :hug:

Jdog

Welcome back, Blue!

Once again, thanks so much for your volunteering as neighbors struggled.  You are a caring person who does not sit idly by when people are struggling.  This goes far beyond your work with students in the classroom. 

I am still completing my own classroom work - it's finals week, and graduation was last night. 

:hug: