Are we this season's latest fashion accessory?

Started by Pilgrim, May 17, 2019, 03:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pilgrim

Hi.
I know I am struggling at the moment - physically and mentally. So if it is just me please tell me. But I read a Facebook post from a friend's partner extolling the suicidal to reach out and then going on about how bad she felt over her brother's suicide 3 decades ago and what more could she have done. I felt so sorry that she felt that way that I PM'd her to try and explain that when you are a determined suicide nothing may work. I wasn't looking for her sympathy or anything like that. The response to  my PM - deafening silence. We have corresponded before so I am not a total stranger. I am struggling with feelings of revulsion at this person - pouring their heart out on FB but when met with it up close appears a sham. We aren't this year's must have fashion accessory - oh quick let me get on  the bandwagon of pretending to be an understanding person, yet in reality recoiling like the vast majority of people. These types of people do more harm than good. Was the post really about helping those with a mental health disorder or just a piece of look at how understanding I appear? This person doesn't have mental health issues. We put up with a lot in our daily struggles. I have genuine friends who see past my mental health issues (but without ignoring them), don't leap up and down on FB saying how wonderful they are at understanding but they genuinely are wonderful. We really don't need this type of thing. It sickens me to my soul.

Thanks for listening to my rant.

Cheers

Pilgrim

Pilgrim

well I am back to eat humble pie - I got a very understanding reply. So sorry, it was just me. Trusting is so difficult but that's a bit of a lame excuse.

Cheers.

Pilgrim

Not Alone

Kizzie

Not at all surprised you had the reaction you did (it is the Internet afterall), but glad you received a reply that helped restore your faith in others.  :grouphug:     

Three Roses

It feels good to get stuff off our chests, and be listened to by people who "get it". Rants can be cathartic. I'm glad you received a reply.  :wave: