Called in Sick

Started by Not Alone, May 21, 2019, 12:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Not Alone

I called in sick to work today. Feel guilty. Lied when they asked my symptoms. She probably didn't believe me because I don't normally lie so I'm pretty bad at it.  I've never called in sick for cPTSD issues. Have always forged ahead no matter how bad things were. Difficult therapy session yesterday. Might write about that later. Got through yesterday with friends and then xanax. Just can't face dealing with a new client today.   :fallingbricks:

SharpAndBlunt

Probably you needed this, try not to give yourself a hard time about it.

Usually for me these things catch up with me over a few days. I had a session yesterday with a psychiatrist and I feel really rough today too. I came in to work today but to be honest I am not achieving too much. Be good to yourself :)

Three Roses

Blueberry

Not Alone

Thank you everyone for your support. A friend came over and spent several hours with me, which was helpful. Still have some guilt over calling in, but trying not to let that overwhelm me. It would have been really hard to pulled it together today to work.

Ecowarrior888

Mental health days are legitimate. I wish I called out last week because when you dissociate and act on something without thinking it through? Yeah, I am paying for that right now especially since I have a supervisor that has it out for me right now  :stars:
But good for you for taking the time off. Sometimes you just need it. *hug* hang in there, rooting for you <3

johnram

Glad you are aware enough to notice the need for the space

You did the right thing, i have taken a fair few mental health days

Appreciate you feel conflicted about lying, but its the better option than revealing cPTSD etc, unless you have a super suppportive and understanding work place - which i have yet to find.

good luck to you

Not Alone

Ecowarrior & Johnram: Thank you for your support. Nice to have people who understand.