Hello

Started by Redwing1972, May 23, 2019, 02:17:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwing1972

I am so glad I found this site, it has been a lonely time crashing around in various therapies and then discovering a few years ago that what ails me is trauma....I am not crazy...:-)

I am 69 years old this year, I caregive to my wife and now to my self....I am at month 12 of Somatic Experiencing therapy, the relief of not having to relive the past is wonderful. However, there is no quick fix and its hard balancing caregiving and working on healing. Sometimes I feel like quitting, but the options are not good, are they...

I look forward to being part of this community...

Redwing

Three Roses

Hey there! Welcome  :wave:

Not Alone

Welcome, Redwing.  :heythere:

MoonBeam

Hello Redwing. Glad you found this site too. I totally understand wanting to give up at times. But we're worth the effort it takes to persevere. I have found incredible understanding and support here and it inspires me to keep on keeping on. Welcome.

bluepalm

Welcome Redwing 1972! I found OOTS only recently and it has been a wonderful find. The comfort and validation I've experienced from being able to read about and share experiences has been truly healing. I'm in my early 70s, and only realised I'm affected by complex PTSD in the last few years. It's been an incredible relief to find there is an explanation for symptoms that have dogged me all my life. I hope your experience in this community is as good as mine has been.