Nothing has helped

Started by Eyessoblue, July 02, 2019, 07:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eyessoblue

Hi everyone, I've not been on here for a while because I'm just at a total loss and have given up. I've been in therapy for a few years I've had psychotherapy, Eft, nlp, cbt and emdr. I thought I'd made progress with the emdr and was sorted but no literally everything I have processed has come back. I'm back to all the old traumas, feel like I've taken 50 steps  back in my recovery and am back where I was about 4 years ago. I just don't know what to do now, I'm seeing a private therapist who is lovely and is trying her best to help with a whole range of different therapies but I feel so bad in between. 

Tee

I've been there! The waves keep crashing and you can't get your footing and just when you think you can catch your breath another wave pulls you down to roll through everything you thought you already sorted.

Don't give up!  It will get better one foot in front of the other one breath at a time.  There are days I'm still there, but it's not everyday all the time anymore. You found us we are here to support you.

I've done EMDR and didn't get a whole lot out of it either, I have done several other therapies.  It just takes time. I have made my therapist work and she is always looking and researching new ways to help me. And she has been a trauma therapist for over 30 years.

Don't give up just remember to breathe you are not alone and it will get better!   :grouphug:

Eyessoblue

Tee, thank you, sorry to hear you've been through it too.x

Tee

Currently catching my breath between waves.  Hoping they space out a bit.  It helps being here and knowing I'm not alone.

Blueberry

Eyessoblue,

I'm sorry you're feeling so very very low and have been for some time. It's good that you are reaching out to us on OOTS, but please also check out here https://www.outofthestorm.website/emergency and reach out to somebody in real life! They are there to help you.

I do agree with Tee - don't give up! I've been where you are too. Here's a supportive  :hug: if that's good for you atm.

Blueberry   

Kizzie

Hi Eyessoblue, did something happen to trigger this?  Sometimes a traumatic/stressful situation/event  is too much for us and causes our systems to go on high alert.  Whatever the reason, I'm truly sorry to hear you are dealing with such a sense of being overwhelmed and discouraged.  I've been in that place too and what helped was reaching out and letting my doctor know just how much I was struggling. I was never one to let anyone know how bad things really were for me, but when I finally did things got a lot better (therapy, meds, my H's support, posting).  Fortunately you do have a T so it would be a good idea (imo) to let her know you're having a really tough time & come up with some ideas together of how to bring down your symptoms.

:grouphug:

sanmagic7

hey, eyessoblue, i echo what everyone has said, have been there myself, even in the past year.  we're here with you, you aren't alone w/ this.  are you able to contact your t between sessions?  just as a possible stabilizer or pick-me-up?  sometimes reaching out that way can be grounding so that you don't feel so all over the place and hopeless. 

i hope you find some relief from this struggle soon - it definitely is no fun at all!  sending love and a hug full of support.

Eyessoblue

Thank you everyone, just taking it slowly and hoping something will work.

Hope67

Sending you a hug, if that's ok Eyessoblue  :hug:
Hope  :)

LittleBlueBird

Hi Eyessoblue,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're feeling this way. I can completely relate, having felt that despair before too. I'm here for a chat if you need me, happy to be pmed. Also in the UK and I know it can be tough accessing therapists here.

Best of luck to you..

Tee

Glad you are still around eyesoblue. :hug: hope things have eased a little.

Three Roses

Eyessoblue

Thank you everyone for your lovely messages. I've had a bit of a change since I last messaged. I've done a lot of eft on myself and can honestly say for now that I'm feeling amazing!!! So much so I'm now setting up a weekly support group within the uk so we can get together and get better... I truly believe that the healing is within ourselves we just have to re discover ourselves and once we are found we progress. We need to look deeply within and find our missing links, once we reconnect we start to improve little by little. I'm keeping the faith and optimism high that I will be able to help those who are really struggling, this is giving me the power I need to keep going..

Kizzie

Wow, that's wonderful to hear Eyesoblue!  :cheer:   

I'm happy to add the details of your group to the site if that would be helpful :yes: