Both have CPTSD?

• 2 Replies

TunnelEyes

• View Profile
Both have CPTSD?
« on: June 02, 2019, 11:20:39 PM »
Hiya, new here.

Anyway most of this is speculation but just theorizing and overthinking as usual.

So I'm concerned about finding myself slightly attracted to someone with the same issues/illness. This is a double edged sword in that although we u derstand each other very well, this could potentially be a very bad combination?

If anyone has any personal experience I'd love to hear, Google searches yield very little

Three Roses

• CPTSD is an injury, not an illness.
    • View Profile
Re: Both have CPTSD?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 12:28:09 AM »
Hi there, welcome! There's a ton of resources here, and a supportive community to help you. I hear your question about relationships - my husband and I have many of the same issues, although they may manifest differently. It made for a volatile relationship when we were younger, that's for sure. We are now in our 60s and coming up on our 37th anniversary this summer. I think it's impossible to find someone without issues; if you're both searching for healing, together and separately, it can work imo. As long as you're both safe, and learning from mistakes. Just my two cents.
 :heythere:

(PS - you may not get a lot of welcomes where you've posted - if you want, you can try an intro post here. https://cptsd.org/forum/index.php?board=10.0   You don't have to, but it may feel nice to get more "welcome" comments.)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 12:32:55 AM by Three Roses »

Blueberry

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Both have CPTSD?
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 08:53:55 AM »
Welcome to the forum TunnelEyes!