Waving Hello!

Started by Lucky Star, June 03, 2019, 04:22:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky Star

Hi, everyone!

I've received a CPTSD diagnosis recently after seeking out therapy. I'm 28 years old and experienced a lot of emotional abuse and neglect growing up. Now as I am growing in self-confidence and becoming more outspoken and honest due to therapy, I find myself losing friends who were only attracted to me because of my codependency and vulnerability. I also seem to be making people uncomfortable as I want to talk about my feelings a lot after keeping them in so long, but at this point I have so few people left in my life and even fewer who know what to say.

My boyfriend and I have been together a long time. We are buying a house together & to my knowledge, he is shopping for an engagement ring. Unfortunately I've been very nervous about these life changes at a time when I am in recovery because he seems to be showing signs of burnout since he is the only person I can rely on. I don't want to hurt him so I came to this forum so I could have another outlet besides him.

I look forward to talking to everyone!

woodsgnome

:wave:

I hope you will indeed find OOTS to provide some breathing room, as it's always tough when only one person is present to hear you out. At least there's that, for you; some of us, myself included, have no other human we've come to trust with our feelings and/or just our grief or rage or confusion (one exception for me: a trustworthy therapist). Or we've dared to reach out and been burned in what was already awkward.

Regardless, posting here can at least provide some room, and that may be crucial.

Kizzie

Hello and a warm welcome to OOTS Lucky Star  :heythere: 

You can certainly post about your trauma, that's why we're here  :grouphug:  It makes a difference that everyone here gets it and you don't have to explain everything like you do when someone hasn't gone through what you have.   

And it sounds like you have therapist too so good for you for gathering some other supports in your life, that's healthy self-care  :thumbup:

Not Alone

Welcome.  :wave: Glad you are adding this forum to your support system. I have found those on this site to be compassionate and helpful.