New here

Started by Toya2007, June 05, 2019, 07:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toya2007

Hi everyone, just thought I would do an introduction. So I developed Cptsd after suffering through a narcissistic upbringing and then having 2 abusive relationships and 4 major traumatic experiences and lots of smaller ones as an adult. I have been pursuing therapy since I was 16 and for 17 years have been on and off with every different type of therapy and had many different labels for my mental health issues. this year a psychologist final put everything together and came to the conclusion that I was suffering  Cptsd.
I'm not really sure how far into my journey I am but hopefully I will be able to gain and give advice and help on this lovely site.
  Thanks

irishrebel

hi toya2007. im new here too...theres an amazing amount of knowledge shared here. good luck

Not Alone

Toya2007,

Welcome to OOTS.  :wave:

Feral Child

Welcome Toya2007   :heythere: 

I'm so glad you found your way here.  It is a very supportive place.  I'm new here too and have found this to be a real boon to my journey.

It sounds like you have done a lot of work on healing.  I hope being on this site will enhance the process.

Please share more as you feel able.  Here is a safe and gentle welcome hug, if you feel OK with it... :hug:

Blueberry

Hi and welcome to OOTS!  :heythere:

Three Roses

Kizzie

Hi and a warm welcome to OOTS Toya  :grouphug:

Boatsetsailrose

Hi Toya
So glad you are here and that your recovery journey has led you to identification. This site and forum are wonderful resources for me and as we support each other we grow.