Inner critic winning

Started by Tee, June 06, 2019, 05:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tee

Why is it that when you screw up in one area of life it starts the ball rolling to screw up in others?

I have been fighting and battling with the voices in my head saying I'm not good enough and just as bad as my NM.  For a week or so.  Due to an over tired moment with my daughter that I've since apologized for and we are all good. The inner critic comes to beat me up about it but I'm trying to over come. 

In the time I've been dealing with that though I missed the start of my summer class haven't missed the turn in dates so still have time to get my stuff done.  But again the perfectionist is beating me down. The ball is rolling and getting bigger are harder to quiet.  Why can't the voices just be quite?  :fallingbricks:

Tee

Well got the assignments turned in for the week. Still have a lot of reading to catch up on but have quieted the voices a little.  Trying to see a light from the bottom of my hole. :doh:

Blueberry

Quote from: Tee on June 07, 2019, 04:28:22 AM
have quieted the voices a little.

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: You haven't let that perfectionist ICr beat you down!

May I show you a light? :spaceship: Besides, I see a couple of lights in your post! Step by step. Baby steps count in healing from cptsd.

Kizzie

Love BB's dancing cheerleaders lol  ;D   

That's great that you got you IC to pipe down a little Tee.  I think I may have passed this on to you already (in which case disregard), but here's a helpful article "Shrinking Your IC" by our friend Pete Walker. Very helpful I've found - have to keep working at it or it can get ahead of me.  Hope it's helpful for you.

Tee

Thanks right now I'm struggling to read the 8 chapters for my test next week. ??? :stars:. I start reading and then get over whelmed, and a migraine. A chapter and a half in.  I'll get there hopefully. Little by little thanks for the encouragement. Only 6 in a half more to go. :blink: