Therapy and shift work

Started by LittleBlueBird, July 18, 2019, 07:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleBlueBird

Every time I see a mental health professional or talk to my GP, I'm recommended therapy. I have had a certain reluctance so far to take it up, and even though I found a great therapist earlier on this year who I really clicked with, I had to quit because of work commitments.

I currently work shifts. Anyone else in the UK have any advice about accessing therapy around shift work? Maybe I should email my therapist and ask her..?

Tee

Good luck I can't speak to this but wanted you to know I'm sending warm thoughts, and hope you are able to get it worked out. :hug:

Three Roses

Our Admin, Kizzie, is tireless in gathering information for us - here's a link to a page full of info you may find helpful. https://cptsd.org/forum/index.php?board=266.0

Also, I think asking your therapist is a great idea - it seems that therapists are more and more becoming open to the idea of video sessions, although some say they feel that the lack of body language would be a drawback. Maybe your t would be willing to do that?  :Idunno: