Harassment, why does this keep happening?

Started by Ecowarrior888, June 09, 2019, 07:43:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecowarrior888

So I was abused by my dad to begin with. Then I had an abusive friendship. Afterwards, at my first job I was sexually harassed and now in my dream job according to my union representative...I am experiencing harassment. My confidence is shot. I was finally learning how to embrace what and who I am. I was owning up to what I have become. A survivor. And now trying to guide my interns or any friends in similar situations because that is the only thing that allows me to accept my past. But it has been getting heavy.... I know none of those instances are related...but I can't help to think, is there something that I am doing that make people react this way to me? What am III doing wrong?

I strive to be kind, compassionate and just supportive for those who need it. Even with the abusers and the people that have harassed me, I refuse to allow them to change my character and that is someone that asks if you are okay... someone that will move your shoes from the rain so that your shoes aren't soaked through next time you go to work...if you are grieving, offering to be there....

But instead I am met with write-ups, my reputation being dragged through the mud in a very small industry. I absolutely love my job, but I don't know how much more I can take of this. I just want everything to stop. When that union representative said I was experiencing harassment, the feelings that came from that were equivalent to when my therapist asked for my father's name to press charges for abusing minors and being a serial abuser....

I am so triggered on top of everything... not feeling safe in my workplace, the way this person talks to me so condescendingly, how anything I say can and will be used against me....

I am so tired :(

Three Roses

Kizzie

What did the union rep suggest you do Eco?

Ecowarrior888

Had a meeting to declare harassment and discuss this "improvement plan". Which supposedly is not a disciplinary action... even though they treated it as such....
So now hr is gonna have meetings with me and this person.

And now i got an interview for the job i got rejected from after they took one of the tasks from me this past week... the most rewarding part in my job.... its been rough

Tee

Kizzie

Generally in most workplaces you are permitted to have your union rep present at meetings with HR.  If that's the case it might help you to have someone on your side who will act as your witness, ensure your concerns are heard and that you're not beaten down by the process in any way.  I also think if you let your love of your job show, it will tell HR something about you and the type of employee you are. 

Ecowarrior888

Thanks so much. I definitely will. I have my interview today so fingers crossed...

Thanks for your support everyone

Kizzie

Tee