I deserve my pay

• 33 Replies

Blueberry

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: I deserve my pay
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2019, 04:05:49 PM »
 :cheer: for being able to suppress those voices more than half the time, truus  :cheer:

Blueberry

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2019, 12:59:19 PM »
Yes, I do deserve my pay!! This time I managed to believe that while writing an offer for a potential client. On thinking it over, I decided to put my price for one service up. First I was thinking: I've done a similar one before so I can copy some information over :blahblahblah: and charge a bit less and then I realised  :doh: and NO!! By charging this client same price I charged last time for similar work, I can now actually make more money, more profit! Because the very first time I do one type of work, my profit is usually miserable. Some of the reason for that is cptsd. It's not until I get a similar piece of work a few more times that I can even begin to make anything to live off.

Believing in myself while writing = real progress!!!
 :thumbup: :applause:    :cheer:  :cheer: :cheer:
The client has just accepted my offer :)

P.S. In case anybody wonders: it's absolutely normal for a freelancer in my field to juggle around with prices. Almost all projects are pretty individual, and piece work rather than time-based. So it's neither normal nor even possible to say: I always charge everybody the same and then it's easy. 
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 01:02:52 PM by Blueberry »

notalone

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2019, 02:15:02 AM »
 :cheer: :cheer:

Blueberry

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2019, 09:15:35 PM »
Kind of another breakthrough this evening with this topic. I've been writing invoices, one of which is overdue by ahem a couple of months. So this overdue one is for work already completed. When I completed the work, I was on the late side, possibly because of illness, and told the client I'd been thinking only of getting it done in time, not even of a price. So now I've been able to work out an exact price rather than guesstimate, it looks a bit on the high side.

The interesting thing: I noticed how much those ICr. voices of "you can't charge that much!", "you should have been able to work more efficiently", "it's your fault that... "  :blahblahblah: :blahblahblah: :blahblahblah: - all these internal reasons why I supposedly don't deserve my pay - I noticed how much they are FOO voices. Atm M and B1 are very present in my head. I've known of the connection for a good while I guess, but this time I felt it. So I feel ever more how absolutely toxic they and their ideas and opinions are, especially of me, and so I notice how right I am to be continually reducing contact. There's just no other way for me to survive. Screen Processing to lesson presence of M and B1 before I go to bed? Not that I don't have 600 other things to do :fallingbricks: especially important care of Little Furries.