I am safe now

Started by sanmagic7, June 23, 2019, 08:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanmagic7

i've been doing an adulterated version of a new-ish therapeutic technique on myself lately, and the other day the words 'i am safe now' floated up into my consciousness.  this is the first time i can remember actually 'feeling' this safe-ness since i was about 2 yrs. old, being rocked to sleep by my dad.  i could feel it then (i have a lovely memory of that), and have never felt it since, until 2 days ago.

i've heard from therapists, and others, the phrase 'you're safe now', but it never touched me.  i've never felt it even tho i could logically understand what was being said.  still, 'safe', to me, means that i don't have to do everything myself, don't have to figure everything out all the time on my own, don't have to be hyper-vigilant because i'm the only one who will take care of and protect me.  i think it also meant to me that i'm not completely shackled by thoughts, feelings, and emotions that don't help me.

what i don't think i've realized before, either, was just how much fear i've been carrying around most all my life.  i didn't really feel it, couldn't access or acknowledge it, but i'm thinking it must have been there w/o my knowing it, as a constant companion.   wow - that's trippy to think of.

maybe now i can begin to unwind my tensed-up muscles and learn what it feels like to relax on a regular basis.  i don't know, but i'm thinking this may be a start.  it's a warm feeling way deep inside.

Three Roses

San, how lovely! I'm so happy you feel this! Fireworks are going off, just for you. 💜💜💜

Tee

That's great san I'm so Happy for you! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :hug:

Kizzie

Delighted to hear this San  :thumbup: 

Blueberry

sanmagic7

thank you blueberry, kizzie, tee, and 3r - your responses made my heart smile.  it's such a nice feeling, i hope everyone gets it sooner rather than later.  love and hugs to all of you!

Not Alone

Quote from: sanmagic7 on June 23, 2019, 08:50:42 PM
i've been doing an adulterated version of a new-ish therapeutic technique on myself lately, and the other day the words 'i am safe now' floated up into my consciousness.  this is the first time i can remember actually 'feeling' this safe-ness since i was about 2 yrs. old, being rocked to sleep by my dad.  i could feel it then (i have a lovely memory of that), and have never felt it since, until 2 days ago.
:cheer:  I am so glad you experienced feeling safe. I hope that you experience that feeling more and more.

sanmagic7

thanks, notalone, and back atcha.  i hope you have it or get it soon.

it's still with me, which is really wonderful.  i know you've all helped me w/ it, too.  thanks for that.  love and hugs to you all.

Tee

That's awesome :cheer: one day maybe I'll get there :Idunno: so happy for you! :hug:

sanmagic7

thanks, tee.  i appreciate your support.  i hope you get there sooner rather than later.  love and  :hug:

Bach

What a wonderful feeling that must be!  I'm happy for you, and it gives me hope to hear about it.  Thank you for sharing.

sanmagic7

why thank you, bach.  i'm glad it gave you hope - that's wonderful!  it is one of the best feelings i've ever had!  and, you're welcome.   love and a hug full of hope to you.