Week 3: Reflection

• 3 Replies

C.

• Reciprocity here as we heal from relational trauma
    • View Profile
Week 3: Reflection
« on: March 21, 2015, 09:13:55 PM »
I thought it might be helpful to create a place to discuss overall what has been helpful and important from our recovery group this week or so far.  Just whatever comes to mind!  :yeahthat:

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Week 3: Reflection
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 06:26:43 PM »
I actually had quite a few epiphanies but I've written about that so I'll just add here that one other thing I've become aware of is just how traumatic my childhood was now and that I need to peel away the layers a bit at a time.  Not being able to look at photos yet made that abundantly clear.  I know where they are stored in the garage and it is like a "hot zone" in my mind's eye. 

Anyway, I think that for me the steps and stages will be cyclical, that I will work through some remembering, then mourning what I have uncovered, integrating it and then start again, unwrapping a bit more each time.  It's what makes emotional sense to me right now although we'll see how the process plays out.   Hopefully I will not still be working the steps and stages when I am in the old folks home, but if so I know I will be in very good company at least - thanks everyone for your part in my recovery  :hug:

And tks again C for all your work!   :hug:

Annegirl

• Wild and Free
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 03:59:03 AM »
 :hug:  :hug: Kizzie and C.
This work takes this forum to a whole new level and it really helps to be involved as a group and answer specific questions and achieve more understanding like this. It really helps the road to recovery in many aspects.

C.

• Reciprocity here as we heal from relational trauma
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 07:16:22 PM »
I had a bittersweet morning, but sitting down to read through what's been written here so far, well, it just lifts my spirits.  I think that is what is supposed to happen in recovery.  Like Annegirl mentioned, at times I simply feel so full of gratitude I think it's bubbling out me in pretty rainbow bubble haha ;)  The understanding, the empathy, the self-awareness...Well, I need to go to work now so I'm going to take that good feeling and share it with the wonderful few clients whom I care for.  I look forward to reading and writing more later!  To everyone here, :yourock: