Sundown Healing Arts

Started by BeHea1thy, June 24, 2019, 07:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeHea1thy

https://traumahealed.com/articles/when-help-means-rescue/

Sonia Connolly is a LMT, Reiki Master who is based in Oregon. She writes articles posted on a site called Sundown Healing Arts. Our administrator Kizzie called my attention to her site through another post in the resource section. (Don't ask me to find it either  :blink:) I've been taking a "deep dive" into her ideas and am actively changing as a result of some new perspectives. Most are just a simple shift of things we already "know". Here's just one thought that intrigued me.

Growth, not a journey
When healing is seen as a journey, helpers are seen as more powerful rescuers who take us away from a bad place and move us to a better one. When healing is seen as growth starting from where we are, helpers remove obstacles and add nourishment and support. They help us become more ourselves, rather than transforming us into someone else.

When we believe in the narrative of being broken and needing fixing, we look for people who want to fix us. When we shift to a narrative of being essentially okay, and needing to learn new skills and find support, we look for people who want to support us.

As a result of Sonia's ideas about NARRATIVE, I've begun to write down my own. I expected to be depressed for the remainder of the day and immobilized in depression. Unexpectedly, that didn't happen, and I've been quite productive and progressed through some longstanding obstacles in the past 2 days.  :yes:

Three Roses

Wow! Good stuff here - I'll have to come back to it when I have more time to give it my full attention, but this sentence jumped out at me -
Quotewe might believe that helpers require us to be small and helpless to make them feel strong and powerful

So, so, so important then to find our own voice and learn to be our own rescuer. Thanks, ❤️❤️❤️BeHea1thy