New member here

Started by mikenoodle, July 03, 2019, 01:17:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikenoodle

Hi everyone. I'm new here. My name is Mike.

I came here looking for others who are dealing with Complex Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.

There is surprisingly little available online as it is such a new diagnosis. I am grasping at straws at the moment looking for others who share my pain.

Not Alone

:heythere: Hi Mike. Welcome. I think as you read what others have posted, and at your pace add your own posts, you will find this to be a place where people understand the pain and complexity of living with cPTSD.

Tee

Welcome there is a lot here take your time like notalone said.  :grouphug:

mikenoodle

That would be a refreshing change.

I am turning 57 this month and I recently had a severe episode. I haven't worked in 5 weeks, but am hoping to return soon.

The problem is that my family doesn't seem to understand what I'm going through and don't know what to do.

I feel very alone and I often isolate to get away from overstimulation. It baffles me that I want understanding yet I isolate, but I think that this is largely because I seek understanding and the people around me don't get it. I need support and they seem unable to give.

sanmagic7

hi, mike, and welcome.

glad you found us.  we do understand, even when no one in our lives does - how could they? 

i hope that as you continue to post here, you'll find the understanding you seek, even if not from the people around you.  there is a lot of information here that you can check out so you'll better understand what's going on as well.

we're glad you're here.  sending a caring, understanding hug  :hug: if you want.

Three Roses

a_bunny

Welcome! Hope you find some of the support and understanding you seek here.

Three Roses

Mike - I'm sorry your family can't give you what you need. It's only because they can't understand your pain unless they've been thru something similar. So to me that is evidence you've done well in your life to not repeat the mistakes that you yourself lived thru.

I also isolate and simultaneously want understanding! They seem mutually exclusive. But here, people will understand that, and you can take in exactly how much you want and need. It's a safe place, the moderators work hard to make and keep it so.

If I may, I'd like to suggest a couple of books that I think are indispensable for people new to cptsd - "CPTSD: From Surviving To Thriving" by Pete Walker and "The Body Keeps The Score" by Bessel van der Kolk. (Both can be purchased here https://www.outofthestorm.website/books-1/ and part of the proceeds go to help fund this site.)

I'm glad you're here.  :hug:

Kizzie

Hi Mike and a warm welcome to OOTS  :heythere:   

Just wanted to mention that there are some downloads, one for family members here. There is also a lot of info sprinkled throughout this forum and on our website

mikenoodle

Thank you all for making me feel so welcome.

I have already started searching other threads, and I think that this site may be exactly what I am looking for.

Kizzie

Digitality

Digitality

Hi everyone! I'm new also!

Kizzie

Welcome Digitality  :heythere: 

Whenever you're comfortable posting an intro you can start a new topic and tell us about yourself.   :)

mikenoodle

I finally have a desktop computer again. Now I think I can become a contributing member to this forum.

I already appreciate all of the support I have been given here. You guys are awesome!