Having a bad time

• 15 Replies

Sceal

• View Profile
Having a bad time
« on: July 11, 2019, 06:58:28 PM »
I'm stuck in an EF, I suppose. It hurts so bad, it's not just one of them, it's all of them at the same time. It's too much.
The urge to do something stupid is high, but so far I'm fighting it.

Tee

• View Profile
Re: Having a bad time
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 07:14:34 PM »
I'm there with you☕️☕️ One for you and one for me.  :hug:

Sceal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 08:13:35 PM »
Thank you, Tee. I really need some today :hug:

notalone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 08:21:25 PM »
I wish I could take that deep, searing pain away. You are cared for. I can't physically be with you, but think of me and others on this site as being right at your side.  :grouphug:

Blueberry

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 10:01:28 PM »
Hello Sceal,

Standing with you in your pain. Do you still have the dog? The dog might sit with you in your pain.

:grouphug: 

Sceal

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2019, 07:21:11 AM »
Thank you all.
I am still in the middle of it, but it's a little easier all the same. Yes I still have the dog. I'm probably going to stay here all week-end

SharpAndBlunt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2019, 07:36:33 AM »
Hi Sceal,

Sorry you are feeling this way and glad you are feeling a little better and hope having the dog there is helping.
 :grouphug:

Kizzie

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2019, 02:46:43 PM »
Really sorry to hear you're stuck in an EF and are feeling so overwhelmed right now Sceal.  It might help to talk about what's causing it, that can help to defuel the EF and we're to listen and support you  :grouphug: 

If you are having to fight urges to do something it may be time to reach out for professional help in real life so you keep yourself safe and have some solid real life support to help get you through this.     

Three Roses

• CPTSD is an injury, not an illness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2019, 04:48:44 PM »
 :hug:

Sceal

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2019, 08:47:32 PM »
Thanks guys.

I think I might be through the worst of it. I fought all the urges, and now I'm just emotionally battered and bruised. Which hurts too.
Although I think I'm just using avoidance techniques rather than facing the problems at hand.

Blueberry

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2019, 09:50:29 PM »
I think I might be through the worst of it. I fought all the urges

:applause: :applause: :applause:
 :grouphug: for the hurts
Although I think I'm just using avoidance techniques rather than facing the problems at hand.

ime sometimes all my energy and strength goes into avoiding and / or just keeping going and there's none left for facing problems at hand. That comes again when avoiding isn't taking up so much energy.

Tee

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2019, 02:06:57 AM »
I'm glad you made it through the worse I'm still working on that. :hug: you can make through the rest too! I believe in you! :grouphug:

Deep Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2019, 02:51:31 PM »
Sceal,
Sometimes I donít think itís always about facing our problems.  Sometimes we need a little avoidance to get our footing back.  Donít ya think?
Heartfelt  :hug: to you

Bach

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2019, 07:03:51 PM »
Sceal, I am glad you fought the bad urges.  Very well done!  Stopping yourself from playing the part of your own abuser and perpetuating the hold on you of the traumas you've suffered is one of the hardest and most important things we do for ourselves in our efforts to heal.

I've been going through something similar this week, and it's so hard.  You don't have to spend every minute facing your problems.  It's a process, and sometimes avoidance techniques are necessary to survive.  All the good thoughts and warm fuzzies to you, and again, good job fighting off those urges :applause: :hug:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 07:09:47 PM by Bach »

Tee

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2019, 06:45:24 PM »
Sceal, I am glad you fought the bad urges.  Very well done!  Stopping yourself from playing the part of your own abuser and perpetuating the hold on you of the traumas you've suffered is one of the hardest and most important things we do for ourselves in our efforts to heal.

I've been going through something similar this week, and it's so hard.  You don't have to spend every minute facing your problems.  It's a process, and sometimes avoidance techniques are necessary to survive.  All the good thoughts and warm fuzzies to you, and again, good job fighting off those urges :applause: :hug:
Yeah I totally agree with Bach! I don't know how to make the cute yeah that emoji though.  Hugs sceal take care of yourself! :hug: