Hi all, new today.

Started by Oz, July 22, 2019, 06:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oz

I'm here because I need to start reaching out to others more.
I was brought up by a covert narcissistic mother and codependent father, youngest of 3 I fell into the freeze type response not to be seen or heard.
I found out about 3 years ago I had c.p.t.s.d (not diagnosed) through reading Pete Walkers book, it opened the flood gates to my trauma recovery process. I've gone through stages of emotional turmoil ever since whilst also being grateful for the growth it has offered me.
I'm now being confronted by the size of my critic who I've totally identified with, I have no idea who "I" am. Being lost and loneliness are on most pages of my diary but I'm at the point where I'm being triggered by being alone, with no friends and a dysfunctional family I'm struggling and will hopefully gain some relief by using this site,
I wish you all well.

Blueberry

Welcome to the forum!  :heythere: Glad you found your way here, but sorry you need us.

LittleBlueBird

Hi Oz,

I hope you feel welcome here. You aren't alone in these difficulties and I hope that joining the forum will help you continue to grow and reach out to others.

Tee

Not Alone

Oz,
Glad you took the step to reach out. Welcome.

RiverRabbit

Alone with only your critic to keep you company makes for very bleak dinner conversation...

Welcome to the site... you are in good company.

-RR

Three Roses

Kizzie

Hi and a warm welcome to OOTS Oz!  :heythere:  Pete Walker's book does tend to "open the floodgates" for a lot of us so we often say to take baby steps if you can b/c it can be so overwhelming.

I too grew up with a covert N M and NPD F and B and was the lost/quiet child and speaking up here and elsewhere has been scary but also a relief at the same time. Hope you find OOTS and the community helpful and supportive :grouphug:

Rainstorm11

Hello. I can totally understand what you are saying. I too need support and to reach out. I am new also. Welcome!