Hope's Journal: Continuing to Befriend My Parts.

Started by Hope67, July 15, 2019, 07:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowdrop

I'm glad you're OK, Hope. I hear you. <makes you cup of tea>

Tee

:hug: I'm glad your ok. You can only do what you can do.  One step at a time. :hug:

Hope67

Hi Snowdrop - thanks for those cups of tea, just what I needed. 

Hi Tee - thank you - one step at a time is such a great thing - and thanks for the hug  :hug:

Journal Entry on 14th August 2019

I still feel very exhausted, and I don't really know where to start, so I'll just say - it's been tough.  But I'm ok, and I'm just wishing that I'd taken more notes as things went on, and days went by - because I've felt as if I've lost time, and lost days, and I was scared, and feared I wasn't coping.  My partner is here, and he's been amazing, but I've worried about leaning on him too much, although he assures me he's ok and I think all of this has meant we're closer than before, and we were already close. 

I'm taking it one step at a time, and I'm feeling better - more like myself - I know that my littles were scared, and some were angry, and some were holding other emotions - and I feel like I know them better than I did before - my relationships with them are developing. 

I feel like I've got some insights now.  More than before.

But I want to try to calm all my inner selves before exploring further - because I know that it was too much, and I nearly tipped the balance too far in the other direction, and I was scared of what I saw.

I wanted to say that I was able to come here and read what people were writing - and I remember reading something that someone called Sunflower said - about building sand castles and playing there - and I think that was in the Healing Porch - and I very nearly went there - to spend time there, as it sounded so nice - but the feeling over-whelmed me - as my littles have never let me get there - but I was close to going.  That is positive - in my mind - and I want to go forward and be more authentic and live life in a more open way, and feel emotions and be in the moment, rather than my previous patterns - and my dissociating. 

Yes, I can function better now.  My brain was terrible - in that I was doing all kinds of things that I couldn't control, and I was also acting out - and didn't feel like myself - and I lost time.  But I'm ok.

I'm here, and thank you - this is a sanctuary.   :grouphug:

I want to write about some things that happened, and I will - but I'm going to take my time, as I am keen to keep this feeling of normality that I feel just now - it wasn't accessible for a while, and I felt out of control and vulnerable.

I feel safer now, and more grounded and I am so thankful.

Hope  :)

Tee

:hug: I'm glad your feeling more grounded. Your journey is not a race take your time and go at your own pace that you can feel comfortable and grounded is good too.  Glad to see you back. :grouphug: :hug:

Hope67

16th August ___
I wrote quite a lot, and then my partner came to talk to me, and somehow I lost the whole thing!  I feel maybe that was for the best, as I was a bit hyper - and writing a lot.  But I feel annoyed that I lost it too. 

What I do know is that my emotions are so on the surface, and I am FEELING more - even the temperature of water is something I can feel now.

I'd like to write a lot more - that's how I feel at the moment, but the opportunity isn't there - or I feel shamed to write - but I also feel that I need to write.  So I will be back and hope to write more then.

My emotions are all over the place in a way, but I actually feel as if it's a good thing, as I can finally feel things properly - and I want to continue to do so, even though it's very painful in many respects.

I'm re-processing memories in my head, and I can 'see' them much clearer now.  Taking different perspectives, and understanding that bit more.

((((Note - I want to talk about something very upsetting, and I hope to do so - but I'm not sure if I'll be able to))))

Must go now.

Tee

Jazzy

Sounds like you're making great progress Hope, good job! Talk/write when you're ready. :)

Hope67

Tee, Notalone & Jazzy - thank you all so much  :hug: :hug: :hug:

17th August 2019
I am taking things a day at a time, and moment by moment, and trying to pace myself - because I've been very hyper and out of my comfort zone regarding my emotions, but the thing is I'm feeling more things. 

I have quite a few things I need to get through this weekend, but I think it will be ok.  Next week I will have some time available to hopefully focus on things more, and I would value the opportunity to write about things, in a way that feels paced and measured as opposed to out of control, so that's my intention - to do that.

I feel like I'm ready to write some 'letters to' kind of posts - as that might help free me up and calm down my different parts.  I want to acknowledge all the emotions and feelings that have surfaced, because they are all meaningful.

Not Alone

Your emotions and feelings are meaningful, important, and deserve to be heard and acknowledged.

Hope67

Thanks everyone.

18th August 2019
Thankfully I'm feeling more normal (whatever that is) just now, as I need to attend a social thing, and I feel like I've got an adult part in control right now who will hopefully help me cope with this. 

I feel more centred generally again - I think I'm out of most of the EF's - although I'm not sure - there are some changes that I'm finding quite challenging still.  But I will be hoping to talk about things in the various parts of this forum, and it will be good to get them out in a safe place, and seek validation. 

So thank you in advance, everyone, because without you - I wouldn't be brave enough.  I believe that this support is invaluable to me.

Must go now.

sunflower38

I'm sending good wishes and strength to you in your challenges :cheer: You're so brave, Hope!! :hug: